Outline of End-Time Events Predicted in the Bible
1. Events Before, During, and After the Seven-Year End-Time Period. This seven-year period is the 70th “seven” of Daniel, Dan. 9:24-27 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.27. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
- Events that must happen before the seven-year period
- Israel becomes a nation again on May 14th, 1948. Israel was destroyed in AD 70 by the Romans under general Titus. God’s people were scattered throughout the world. Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Leviticus 26:33. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
Deuteronomy 4:27-31 And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. 28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. 29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. 30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
But God promised to bring them back to their land one day….
Ezekiel 37:11-14 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Ezekiel 37:21-22 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus hath the Lord GOD said; Behold, I take the sons of Israel from among the Gentiles, where they be gone and will gather them on every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land in the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall no longer be two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
Zechariah 8:7-8 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. God is their God but Israel came back in unbelief in 1948 in that they are not trusting in Jesus Christ yet.
Zechariah 12:2-3 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
God will bring His people back to their land. Now they came back after the Babylonian captivity but they were not dead at that time. After Titus destroyed Jerusalem in AD 70 they were scattered throughout the world and Israel became a dead area. God scattered them among the nations of the world. He didn’t do that in the Babylonian captivity. We Israel became a nation again in May of 1948 there was celebrations and praying and thanking God by Jews.
AD 70 to May of 1948 is 1878 years.
Isaiah 11:11-12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
- Paul tells us that Jesus will come as a thief in the night. World Leaders call for Peace and for safety. But sudden destruction will come upon the world. We who trust in Christ should not be caught by surprise at these things. 1Thessalonians 5:2-4 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
- Some feel a Middle east war described in Psalm 83 occurs when Israel defeats her neighbors and this gives them the peace mentioned in Ezekiel 38. Some believe this already happened in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Others believe that Psalm 83 is a description of the trouble that Israel has always had with their neighbors. Some even see Psalm 83, Isaiah 17:1 and Ezekiel 38 as companion prophecies. I don’t believe Israel will be attacked by her neighbors again. They’ve already tried that three times. 1948, 1967, and 1973.
Psalm 83:1 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee: 6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; 7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah. Throughout history, many nations have conspired to bring about the ruin of Israel and Judah. All such endeavors are condemned in this psalm. The place names in this passage refer to nations on the borders of Israel and Judah. The Hagrites may have come from Arabia (1 Chr. 5:10, 19, 20). The people of Gebal may have lived in a mountainous region south of the Dead Sea; alternatively, Gebal may have been another name for Byblos, a city near Tyre. Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt are the nations that border Israel. They fought against Israel many times the last times being in 1948, 1967 and 1973.
Psalm 83:9 Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison: 10 Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth. 11 Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna: 12 Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession. 13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind. 14 As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; 15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm. 16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O Lord. 17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: 18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth. Verses 13-18 would happen to Israel’s neighbors in 1948, 1967 and 1973. They were confused and embarrassed. They did not seek the Lord. They did not claim to know Jehovah God as the God over all the earth. But they did in times past.
As far as the destruction of Damascus and Gog- Magog, Isaiah 17:1 and Ezekiel 38-39 being related events….. it seems that they would have to be some correlation to each other. Damascus has never been a ruinous heap and it is almost there today with the war in Syria between the different Islamic factions. Isaiah 17:1-7 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. he cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts. 4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean. 5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim. 6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel. 7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel. And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.
This is what is coming. The cities of Syria will be deserted forever.[a] They will be a pasture for sheep and cattle, and no one will drive them away. 3 Israel will be defenseless, and Damascus will lose its independence. Those Syrians who survive will be in disgrace like the people of Israel. I, the Lord Almighty, have spoken.” 4 The Lord said, “A day is coming when Israel’s greatness will come to an end, and its wealth will be replaced by poverty. 5 Israel will be like a field where the grain has been cut and harvested, as desolate as a field in Rephaim Valley when it has been picked bare. 6 Only a few people will survive, and Israel will be like an olive tree from which all the olives have been picked except two or three at the very top, or a few that are left on the lower branches. I, the Lord God of Israel, have spoken.” 7 When that day comes, people will turn for help to their Creator, the holy God of Israel. 8 They will no longer rely on the altars they made with their own hands, or trust in their own handiwork—symbols of the goddess Asherah and altars for burning incense.
- Damascus made a ruinous heap. Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. Damascus has never been destroyed and is the oldest surviving city dating back 4500 years. When Damascus and Syria are made uninhabitable then things will begin to happen quickly. The end of Damascus may lead to the nations coming against Israel. Is Damascus destruction a precursor to the Gog-Magog War? Will the enemies of God’s people (The nations) attack Israel after the fall of Damascus in Isaiah 17? If you compare Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38 You will see many similarities.
Isaiah 17:13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
Ezekiel 38:9 Thou (Gog) shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
Ezekiel 38:16. And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
Ezekiel 38:19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
Ezekiel 38:20 …..and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
The answer is that there could be some correlation between the two events but we can’t know God’s timing on it.
- The church is raptured. (John 14:1-3; Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
1 Cor. 15:51-52; 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Thess. 4:16-18; For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rev. 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
2 Thess. 2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (Departure) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Some believe that “falling away” should mean the rapture since the word can also mean departure.
The rapture could happen anytime and is not dependent upon any of the above signs. But if we see these signs we know it can’t be far behind.
- Restrainer, the Holy Spirit through the church is removed when the church is raptured. (2 Thes. 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.) The world can operate with their sin unrestrained for the first time in history as God lets man build their own utopia without Him and it doesn’t go very well to say the least.
- Judgment seat of Christ. 1 Cor 3:12-15, Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. This happens in heaven during the time of tribulation on the earth.
- Marriage of the Lamb (Rev. 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. We are given to Christ as His bride. This happens is heaven during the time of tribulation on earth.
- Marriage Supper of the Lamb. A wedding supper according to Jewish tradition came immediately after the wedding. Some think that this takes place at the end of the tribulation the 75 days between the tribulation and the Millennium. Daniel 12 gives 1260 plus 30 days plus 45 days from the mid point the tribulation to the return of Christ, which would leave time for the Supper. The Old Testament saints are resurrected after the Tribulation and they would be at the supper if it happens then. But I believe the marriage supper occurs after the rapture during the tribulation and the 75 days after the tribulation are to set up the millennial kingdom of God.
- Antichrist rises to power over the Roman confederacy (Dan. 7:20, And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
The Anti-Christ comes as a man promising peace. Daniel 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. He is a master deceiver. He promises peace to the world and will have the means to do it. The Antichrist cannot be Jewish and cannot be Muslim. The Jews would not accept a treaty with a Muslim and the Jews would not accept a Jew not living in Jerusalem. A Jew could not rise to such power with anti-Semitism on the rise even today. He must rise in power before the tribulation begins so that he will have the authority to sign a peace treaty with Israel. But he is not yet the leader of the world but very close to it. Many nations still maintain their sovereignty at this time.
There is no question the world is heading toward Globalism. We always think about Europe and the European Union as the final Roman Empire. But think about the United Nations. We have all but ignored their role in the end times. But could the United Nations be the conduit to this man of perdition‘s avenue to power. The man of sin might gain the power to take over the UN. Or it may have nothing to do with the UN. But I see the weakening of European Union leading us to now suspect the UN might be the Beast’s base of power and the revised Roman Empire. There is no question that the UN is trying to assert it’s goal of one world governance. Agenda 21 now agenda 2030, Climate Change agenda, World Economic forum and their great reset, Strong Cities initiative and on and on we could go with their global policies. All they lack is a leader to make it all happen.
- Gog and his allies invade Israel from the north (Ezek. 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,, Ezekiel 38:5-6, Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. Ezekiel 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
The Gog led nations will take advantage of the confusion after the rapture and attack Israel.
This attack most likely will be after the rapture and just before the beginning of the Tribulation. But some very good prophecy teachers believe it could happen within the first six months of the tribulation. But my thinking is that due to weapons that have to be burned for seven years and the fact the Beast, the Anti-Christ must make a peace treaty with Israel to begin the tribulation….. I can’t see a peace treaty signed and then Israel gets attacked by Gog. But it also says that Israel will be dwelling in safety at the time of the attack. So, some people believe the peace treaty with Israel and the Anti-Christ is the reason for their safety. But actually there is no mention of the Anti-Christ in Ezekiel 38 and 39. I think it best fits that Gog attacks Israel after the rapture and just before the tribulation. And Israel is dwelling safely due to possibly the Abrahamic accords or some other treaty. Actually Israel is pretty safe right now. They haven’t had any major attacks since 1973.
Gog is the leader of these nations called Magog.
Magog is the land of Gog, Russia and all their confederates involved in the invasion.
Hooks in the jaws means that God is leading these nations to invade Israel to show His power.
All the invaders are Muslim nations who hate the Jews except Russia who is after a spoil. The rest of the world stands by and asks Gog, what are you going to do?
Magog = Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan (and possibly Afghanistan)
Chief or Rosh ( the word “chief“ is used as an adjective in the King James, NIV and English standard versions. It is the noun for “Rosh“ in the Amplified Bible, New King James and New American standard versions= Russia
Meshech + Tubal + Gomer + Togarmah (Beth-tiara in some versions) = Turkey (and possibly Azerbaijan, Armenia)
Persia = Iran
Ethiopia = Sudan
Lybia or Put in some versions = Libya (and possibly Algeria, Tunisia)
Sheba and Dedan = Saudi Arabia and other Arab nations
Merchants of Tarshish = Western Europe based in Spain
Young Lions = Great Britain but more likely Canada including the United States
The timing of the invasion best fits at just before the tribulation, before a peace treaty is signed. Gog will attack Israel when they are not expecting it. Probably the rapture has put everyone in a period of panic. They must be dwelling safely without walls and gates according to Ezekiel 38…..It could be because they have already defeated the Palestinians and their neighbors in a Psalm 83 Middle East War. But what I believe is that the un-walled villages and lack of gates may refer to the wall that Nehemiah rebuilt and then Titus destroyed in AD 70. Or it could be figurative for powerful security forces and a strong army which gives confidence and freedom of movement. I know for a fact that the residents of Israel really believe and will tell you that they have never been more safe than right now. Some feel that a nation not in a current war is dwelling in safety.
While they are being attacked the God of heaven will defeat Gog and Magog‘s forces and kills 5/6th of them. The Antichrist then conquers what’s left of the Middle East and makes a peace covenant with Israel and the tribulation begins. The Anti-Christ promises them a continued peace to complete the Revived Roman Empire. The defeat of the Gog-Magog invasion and the Muslim nations will lead Israel to have the confidence to take advantage of the opportunity to build the third temple.
Because Ezekiel tells us that the dead are buried for seven months and weapons have to be burned for seven years this war has to happen before the seven year tribulation. Maybe the Rapture and the tribulation are many years apart so that the weapons can be mostly burned before the tribulation? But the Bible seems to allude that when these things begin to happen they will happen quickly. Jesus said “behold I come quickly.“ Jesus said in Luke 21 when these things begin to happen the Kingdom is God is near. The Kingdom of God is about Israel and is actually the Millennium. Again we just can’t be dogmatic about the timing of the Gog-Magog war.
- Gog and his allies destroyed by God (Ezek. 38:17-23 Thus saith the Lord God; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man’s sword shall be against his brother. 22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.)
Weapons will burn for seven years and Israel will use it for fuel. Ezekiel 39:9-10 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: 10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God. This only fits in with the Gog-Magog war happening just before the tribulation period for the weapons definitely won‘t be burning during the thousand year reign of Christ. Or maybe the tribulation begins a few years after the rapture. But the Bible seems to allude that when these things begin to happen they will happen quickly.
Think about his also, God shows the world that He is the one who defeated Israel’s enemies and many will turn to Him. This miracle of God saving Israel from Gog and Magog, plus the preaching of the 144,000, and the two witnesses, later at the midpoint three angels give the gospel and warnings may be the reason that many multitudes are saved during the first half of the Tribulation and later martyred 1st half of the Tribulation. Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. The focus of martyrdom in the second half of the tribulation is on Israel more than the followers of Christ.
- The end of Islam or close to it. Only 1/6 of the invaders of Gog and Magog will survive. Ezekial 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel: Remember that most of the nations that attacked Israel were Islamic. This makes sense when you realize that Israel is going to build a third temple on the temple mount which is occupied today my the Muslim dome of the rock and the Al Asad mosque. It would seem that Muslims have to be removed in order for the temple to be built.
- Event at the beginning of the seven-year period Antichrist (the coming “ruler”) confirms a covenant with Israel
(Dan. 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.) Is the recent Abrahamic Accords this treaty? Only time will tell as the anti-Christ will CONFIRM a treaty that already exists it seems.
- Dr Renald Showers and Jimmy DeYoung believe and have a strong argument that the Gog-Magog war will occur within the first six months of the tribulation due to the fact that Ezekiel tells us that Israel will be without walls and gates and living in safety. They believe Israel is dwelling safely because their safety is guaranteed by the Anti-Christ‘s peace treaty. They feel that the weapons can be burned for seven years within the tribulation because part of a year counts as a year in Jewish time keeping. So they wouldn’t have to burn for seven total years just six years and part of the seventh year. Jimmy DeYoung and Renald Showers believe that Anti-Christ will take credit from God for saving Israel from their enemies and will allow them to rebuid their temple and begin sacrifices. This again is a very strong argument.
I cannot say that this is not correct. But for me one detail bothers me. I cannot see the Anti-Christ signing a peace treaty with Israel and then allowing Israel to get attacked right after that. I see the attack by Gog-Magog and the defeat of Gog-Magog by God. The Anti-Christ will clean up the mess and THEN sign a peace treaty with Israel to guarantee their future safety so they can build their temple and begin sacrifices. That will begin the tribulation.
- People are given a strong delusion mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. Is this where people who previously heard the gospel will become hardened? Many think the delusion has already begun today. I think people are just acting like Romans Chapter one today. They have become just too arrogant to call on God not necessarily a delusion given by God.
Wouldn’t people have to be under a strong delusion to resist the witness of the 144,000 Jewish evangelists and the two witnesses in the first part of the tribulation? We believe that millions who have never heard the gospel will receive the message and repent at the first part of the tribulation. Millions upon millions will be saved during the tribulation according to Revelation 7:9-14. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. 13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
And you know that people would have to be under strong delusion to take the mark of the Beast in the second half of the tribulation. The question is then…if you have heard the gospel and rejected it before the tribulation will you be given a strong delusion during the tribulation? It appears that is the case….. but we cannot say for sure. It is hoped that everyone who rejected Jesus Christ before the tribulation will get another chance during the tribulation.
World History up to and including the Tribulation
Things which is to come; write what shall be……
A door is opened in heaven. Rapture? Then He sees heaven in the hereafter. I believe this is after all things have been consummated and eternity has begun.
John is taken to heaven to the throne of God. He sees the image of one on the throne and the 24 elders around the throne. The elders many believe represent all the saved of all time. The church and the apostles, the prophets, the patriarchs. There are 12 disciples and 12 tribes. First mention of many mentions of lightnings and thunderings and voices in Revelation. They give their crowns to God in worship of Him.
He sees the seven lamps and seven spirits of God. Seven means complete. Whole. All there is.
Sea of glass and four beasts full of eyes front and back. All knowing. The see everything. The lion, calf, man, and eagle have been understood as referring to the four Gospels with their distinctive portrayals of Christ. However four Cheribim in Ezekiel 1 are similarly described so it could be four creatures associated with creation and it’s ultimate redemption.
A lion, calf, a man’s face, flying eagle all with six wings and full of eyes singing Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God almighty which is, which was, which is to come. They give glory and honor to God. (The beast is described several times later and one who was and who is but not is to come) Chapter four is eternity future when all things are consummated.
That which thou hast seen…..that which was….
A book with seven seals is introduced. We flash back to eternity past to us and to John. I believe this is the first century right after Jesus Ascecion.
Someone has to open the book. Who is worthy? Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Never fear Jesus has prevailed of sin, death, hell and the grave and has come after His finished work. This is immediately after the ascension or between the resurrection and the ascension. Why would they be looking for someone worthy is Jesus was already there for two thousand years? I believe that He finished His work recently and has just now come to take the scroll.
The Lamb appears in the midst of the elders. He takes the book with the seven seals. It is time to reveal the consummation of history.
In chapter four the church has cast their crowns down. So this definitely is the church for they are people redeemed out of the whole world. But in chapter five we have the four beasts and 24 elders again. We could be in Eternity future. Just after the rapture of the church. Being that the church is not there in the first century after the ascension. Notice they don’t have their crowns yet. Harps and prayers only.
The church isn’t formed until after Pentecost. I believe the 24 elders in chapter five could represent the prophets, the patriarchs, Noah, Seth, Enoch and other OT saints who followed God. So, it’s probably all believers up to the time of Christs ascension to heaven in the first century.
So bottom line I know it’s believers. And my best guess is it’s the OT saints praising Jesus who died as the Lamb of God.
Then all creation and saints praise God!
The seal judgements are opened. I believe these are Things which is to come, which shall be….From John’s perspective. To us it is things which was…which thou hast seen and thing which is to come and which shall be. But Remember Jesus told John to write what HE sees.
Noise of thunder and the four beasts all creation says come and see… all of church history is unfolded in the six seal judgments. That’s why only Jesus could open it. It is the history of the world in the church age and it’s consummation of the day of the Lord prophesized about in so many passages in the Bible.
1st seal…a white horse. *** Rev. 6:1-2 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. ) All the false Christs and leaders in world history that have failed. Leading to the final false Christ…the Beast! ***Some believe this is Jesus Christ. But if the book of Revelation is in chronological order then we must conclude that if the other horsemen are judgments then why would this one be Jesus Christ? The Anti-Christ is part of the judgment of God upon this world. Christ is the judge, not the judgment. The Anti-Christ appears as Christ, a substitute, the ultimate Anti-Christ. A few very good teachers, preachers, researchers and scholars believe this is Jesus. But most good teachers, preachers and researchers and scholars believe it is the anti-Christ.
2nd seal…Red horse. War and bloodshed throughout world history. It will get worse during the tribulation. Rev. 6:3-4 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
3rd seal….Black horse. Famine, economic hardship and starvation throughout history. And it will get worse during the tribulation. Revelation 6:5-6 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
4th seal. Pale horse. Untimely Death. ¼ of the world has been killed by war, hunger, sickness disease and beasts of the earth (large animals to the tiny microbes) This includes the past and today. Jesus said we would have pestilences and they would get worse. Revelation 6:7-8 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.)
5th seal. Martyrs of all time. They are already in heaven crying out for justice. So this can’t be tribulation saints for they are mentioned in chapter seven. And they are waiting for more martyrs in the tribulation. Converted multitudes from every nation martyred. Rev. 6:9-11 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.;
6th seal. Earthquake, natural disturbances and fear of divine wrath. The day of the Lord that begins with the rapture and ends with judgment upon mankind. Every time dead bodies are taken to heaven there is an earthquake. Jesus when people resurrected at His death, the Rapture, the two witnesses and the large earthquake at the end of the tribulation when OT saints and Tribulation saints are resurrected at the end of the tribulation. The sixth seal is to me….the summary of the Tribulation……
(6th seal, Rev. 6:12-17 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?)
Moon becomes blood, sun like sackcloth, stars falling, islands and mountains moved describes events at the coming of Jesus Christ to the earth. Men hiding themselves from the wrath of God, describes events at the coming of Jesus Christ and the end of the day of the Lord.
So I believe Revelation six is a summary of church History and the day of the Lord.
- Events in the first half of the seven-year period
- Temple sacrifices instituted (Rev. 11:1-2 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.)
Temple is rebuilt. This will be the Anti-Christ Temple. Already plans are complete and ready to go. Temple can be built in a matter of weeks. This is the third temple and fourth one will be built during the One thousand year kingdom. All seems well for God’s people as they await the arrival of their Messiah. He has already come but they did not recognize Him. But one of the reason for the tribulation is so that many can be saved including all of Israel as they find out at the end of the tribulation that Jesus Christ is their messiah and the Savior of the world, and God Himself.
- Two witnesses begin their ministry (Rev. 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.)
Some say this could happen in the last half. But I believe that it wouldn’t make sense for them to be taken up just before Christ comes back with His church. That would be a U-turn for them. I believe also they are giving warnings about the last half of the tribulation, known as the great tribulation. They witness for 42 months. They are killed at the mid-point according to Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. So if the book of Revelation is in chronological order they must have started their ministry at the beginning of the tribulation. One reason God is going to pour out His wrath on the world is the way they treated His two witnesses, the hardships on the 144,000 according to Matthew 25, and the three angels message being mostly rejected. Matthew 25:41-45 hen shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
- The 144,000 Israelites saved and sealed (Rev. 7:1-8 nd after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. 6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. 7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. )
They witness throughout the Tribulation. Matthew 25 tells that the judgment of the sheep and the goats at the end of the tribulation is due to the way these witnesses were treated. If you treated them well by accepting Christ the king of the Jews you enter into the Millennial kingdom, if you did not you are cast into hell.
- Silence in heaven for one half hour. Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. Trumpet judgments begin and are completed in the first half of the tribulation again because the book of Revelation must be in chronological order. (Rev. 8-9)
- Trumpet Judgments
***Some also believe the seals and the Trumpet judgment appear in the 2nd half of the Tribulation due to the pouring out of God’s wrath (the bowls or vials judgments). But Israel flees in Revelation 12:6 Why? Because the Anit-Christ has declared war on them. Evidently the Abomination of Desolation has occurred and that is the mid-point of the tribulation. Revelation chapters 11-12 seems to be the Mid-point of the tribulation. If the judgments fall consecutively we can also conclude that the book of revelation is in chronological order.
The seven angels stood before God. They were given seven trumpets.
Another angel stood at a heavenly altar and had a golden censor and he was given incense. He was to offer the incense with the prayers of the saints. You think prayer is not important. That’s the second time prayer of the saints are mentioned in Revelation.
The angel takes the censor and cast it to the earth and then we have the voices, thunderings and lightnings and an earthquake.
The seven angels prepare to sound their trumpets.
The first angel sounded. Hail and fire. 1/3 if trees and green grass burned up
Second angel sounds. Burning mountain cast into the sea. 1/3 of sea becomes blood.
1/3 of sea creatures die. 1/3 of ships destroyed.
The third angel sounds. Star wormwoods falls to the sea. Water becomes bitter and many will die.
Fourth angel sounds. 1/3 of men smitten. 1/3 of moon and 1/3 of the stars darkened. Day and night were darkened by 1/3.
And angel flies through the midst of heaven and pronounces three woes about the next three trumpets.
Fifth angel sounds. This is the first woe.
A star falls from heaven. It is an angel given the key to the bottomless pit. Creatures come from the bottomless pit. Smoke comes out of the pit along with the locusts.
Locust like scorpions that look like horses and torment people who have NOT the seal of God in their foreheads. Everybody but the 144 thousand. They torment the whole earth for five months. But they are not allowed to hurt the grass or any green thing or tree. Sun is darkened and the air by the smoke from the pit. Locusts live for five months. Men cannot die. The locusts have breastplates like iron, gold crowns, hair like women and teeth like lions.
They have wings sound like many horses running to battle. Tails that sting men for five months. Sounds like drones used in military which is very possible today. But they come from the bottomless pit so it probably is demonic. Where is this bottomless pit. It doesn’t say.
They have a king over them. His name is Abbaddon whose Hebrew name is Appollyon. A demon ruler. How horrible this person will be.
Then the sixth angel sounds his trumpet. The second woe.
Four angels loosed. For a year, a month, a day and an hour. To kill 1/3 of mankind. 2 hundred thousand thousand horsemen And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. Revelation 9:17 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. Revelation 9:18. Sounds like some kind of war machines.
Still humanity does not repent of their sins. The third woe comes after the seventh trumpet is blown and represents the seven bowl judgments described Revelation 16:1-21.
Another angel comes clothed with a cloud, a rainbow on his head, face bright as the sun, feet like fire. He has a little book in his hand. He sets his right foot on the sea and His left foot on the earth. Sea is the world and earth is Israel. He lifts up his hand to heaven. He declares from the one who made all things that there shall be time no longer. When the seventh angel sounds the mysteries of God shall be finished or revealed. This will be the bowl judgments the third and final woe.
He speaks and it sounds like seven thunders seven angels speaking at once. He tells John to seal up those things and do not write what they say. John is told to eat the book. It tastes sweet but is bitter to his stomach.
An angel tells John to measure the temple and the altar of God. Don’t measure the court.
Gentiles will tread down Jerusalem for 3 ½ years. The last 3 ½ years.
The two witnesses of God appear. This is in the first half of the Tribulation. They will destroy their enemies with fire and men who hurt them will be killed. They have power to stop rain from falling. To cause water to turn to blood and cause plagues upon the earth.
- Events at the middle of the seven-year period
- Antichrist breaks his covenant with Israel, causing her sacrifices to cease (Dan. 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.)
2 Antichrist revealed as “the man of lawlessness,” “the lawless one” (2 Thes. 2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, 8-9And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,) (Rev. 13:5, And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. Revelation 13:7; And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.Revelation 17:12-13And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.)
- The AntiChrist comes as a man and is killed and then goes into the pit and comes back to life from the pit energized by the power of Satan. The Beast will kill the two witnesses. The bodies of the two witnesses will lie in the street for 3 ½ days and people will rejoice and give each other gifts. After 3 ½ days the two witnesses will come to life and be raptured to heaven. At the same time an earthquake happens. Every time there is as resurrection of the dead into heaven an earthquake appears. Jesus, the rapture and the two witnesses.
- In heaven the temple of God appears with the ark of God’s presence. Lightning, Thunders, hail, voices and great earthquakes occur.
The second woe ends
- Now The seventh angel sounds his trumpet. Great voices in heaven say “the kingdoms of this world are beomce the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ: and He shall reign forever and ever. The nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants and the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.”
- The 24 elders fall down (the redeemed in heaven) fell upon their faces and worshipped God. They say “We give thee thanks, O Lord God almighty, which are, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.”
The temple of God is opened in heaven, and the ark of his testament appears. And then comes the lightnings, thunderings, voices, earthquake and great hail.
7 . War in heaven and Satan is forever cast down from heaven and energizes the Antichrist (Rev. 12:12-17 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.) He is angry for he knows His time is short.
- Jerusalem overrun by Gentiles (Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.; Rev. 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.)
- Two witnesses slain by the Antichrist (Rev. 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.) It makes sense here so that the wrath of God can be poured out in the second half of the tribulation. The world has a Christmas party.
- Two witnesses resurrected (Rev. 11:11-12 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.)
Makes more sense here. They would be making a U-turn at the end of the tribulation.
- Antichrist wounded and miraculously comes back to life. Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. Satan cannot raise anyone from the dead. This is a trick to make people believe that the antichrist was killed and came back to life.
- Martyrs of the First half of the Tribulation. Just about everyone who accepts the gospel of Christ and the coming kingdom will be martyred in the first half of the tribulation in the second half there is as war in heaven and Satan comes after the woman—the Jews. The greatest revival in history due to the preaching of the 144,00, the two witnesses and the angel. Some believe it would not make sense for many to be martyred in the first half of the tribulation for it would take time for many to be converted. Also after the Gog, Magog war and God obviously saving Israel by a miracle many would have turned to God when you take into consideration the rapture has occurred also. Plus the preaching of the 144,000, the two witnesses would result in millions of saved people. Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.. And also Daniel Chapter seven seems to allude to the fact that the Anti-Christ will kill many of the saints of God. Daniel 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. He will do this for 3 ½ years. And this will continue even in the second half of the tribulation with Jewish believers and some gentile believers who convert in the second half of the tribulation which will be very difficult since there will be a very strong delusion and even though the Beasts focus will be on Israel. Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 7:9-14 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. 13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.; Matt. 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
- Events of the second half of the seven-year period
These three-and-one-half years are called “the Great Tribulation” (Rev. 7:14; cf. “great distress,” Matt. 24:21; “time of distress,” Dan. 12:1; and “a time of trouble for Jacob,” Jer. 30:7)
- Antichrist’s image (an “abomination of desolation”) set up for worship (Dan. 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.; Matt. 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:); 2 Thes. 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.; Rev. 13:14-15 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.)
- One World religion and government is the goal and the Antichrist leads the world in this effort to unite.(Rev. 17:10-13 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.)1. Rebellion (apostasy) against the truth allowing the man of sin to be revealed in the first place.
(Matt. 24:12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.; 2 Thes. 2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (DEPARTURE) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;) 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 is the strong delusion which has already occurred in the first part of the tribulation after the rapture kicks it into gear in the second half. Most of the followers of Christ have already been martyred by the time of the last 3 ½ years arrives and the focus of the Anti-Christ is Israel’s destruction. Most will take the mark of the beast to survive and be eternally damned by the end of the seven years. God’s focus is the destruction of the Anti-Christ and his followers. Many Jews will survive and some followers of Christ will survive to the end of the tribulation.
- The false prophet promotes the Antichrist, who is worshiped by nations and unbelieving Israel (Matt. 24:11-12And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.; 2 Thes. 2:11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:; Rev. 13:4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?, Revelation 13:11-15And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.)
- Mark of the beast used to promote worship of the Antichrist (Rev. 13:16-18 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.)
- Three Angels preach the gospel and warn people not to take the mark of the Beast or they will be doomed. (Rev 14:6-10 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. 8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:)
- Israel scattered and flees Jerusalem to Petra because of the anger of Satan (Rev. 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days., Rev 6:13-17 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.) …and because of the “abomination” (Antichrist’s image) in the temple
(Matt. 24:15-26 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains. 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.)
- 7 Bowl or Vial judgments (Rev. 16) poured out by God on Antichrist’s empire.
The scene shifts to heaven where the history of the war between Satan and Israel and Jesus is described. Genesis 3:15 is described.
Verse six brings us back to the tribulation.
Israel will flee from the Satanic wrath and be fed and protected by God for 3 ½ years. Satan is finally banned from heaven and cast to the earth as he loses his battle with Michael and his angels.
The last 3 ½ years of the tribulation Satan will be out to destroy Israel so that Jesus cannot rule over them and fulfil the throne of David. Evidently tribulation Christians help the Jews to safety and Satan comes after them also.
A beast rises up out of the sea (the world) and has with it seven rulers with ten powerful allies. He is given the power over the world’s system. But up to this point he is just a man who follows his own agenda and wickedness. Then he is given a deadly wound and comes back from it by a miracle. This changes everything about the beast. He dies and goes into the pit and comes out alive again, energized by the devil and worshipped by the world.
This man is worshipped after his comeback and he is empowered by the devil. This is the second half of the tribulation. 3 ½ years. He blasphemes God. He tries to kill all those who follow Christ. The beast will be worshipped. Believers will be imprisoned and some even killed.
The beast’s buddy and worship leader comes out of the earth. Which usually means Israel. But maybe not so here in this case. That would make the false prophet a Jew. Maybe. But I think He probably is a Catholic pope. He appears like a meek lamb but two horns means he has great power. And leads the world to worship the beast. He does great wonders and even causes fire to come down from heaven.
He makes some kind of holographic image of the beast that seems to come alive. For the third time the false prophet will emphasize that the beast recovered completely from a deadly wound. That is the gospel of the beast. He was dead and yet lives. That is the message of the true gospel. Jesus died and rose from the dead. This is why the Anti-Christ is called ANTI-Christ. He mimics Christ.
The false prophet causes people to take a mark in their right hand or forehead in order to buy and sell and live.
The 144,000 are sealed with the seal of God in their foreheads in contrast to the mark of the beast being given in the forehead. The 144,000 sing a song of heaven and from heaven. These men are virgins and first saved out of many multitudes that would be saved out of the tribulation period. The greatest revival in world history will occur at this time.
Three angels fly around the earth giving a message to the whole world. The first angel warns of the coming judgment of God. The second angel announces that Babylon the great is fallen. The third angel warns that anyone who takes the mark of the beast will be tormented with fire and brimstone forever and ever.
Angels with sickles reap the earth’s harvest of souls for this great turning to God and angels reaping the grapes of the wrath of God. Bottom line is there is no middle ground here. You are either with God or against Him.
Heavenly scene with angels given the seven bowl judgments. This is very serious. The wrath of God is going to be poured out on man for his continued sin and rebellion.
A sea of glass mingled with fire and people that overcame the beast and over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name. They stand on the sea of glass and have harps of God. They sing the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb. The song is in Revelations 15:3-4
The Temple of the tabernacle is heaven is opened. And the seven angels come out with the seven bowl judgments or also called plagues.
One of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels the golden vials full of the wrath of God. God’s temple is filled with smoke from the glory of God. No man could enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.
The final of three woes. A voice comes out of the heavenly temple and tells the Angels to pour out their vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
First bowl or vial judgment—sores on men who received the mark of the beast.
Second bowl poured on the sea and the sea became blood.
Third bowl poured out on the rivers and other waters and they too become blood.
Fourth bowl poured on the sun and it had power to scorch men and they blasphemed God.
Fifth bowl poured out his bowl on the seat or throne of the beast. This must be the center of power for the beast. Men were plunged in darkness and in great pain and suffering and they too blasphemed God and did not repent of their deeds.
Sixth Bowl was poured out on the Euphrates river and the river dried up so the kings of the east could come across it. Is this China? That would be an incredible journey for this large army to make, but it could be possible. I don’t know who else it could have an army of that magnitude. Islam has been depleted by the battle of Gog-Magog. Is it two Hundred million fallen angels who lost in the heavenly war? Many scholars believe it is fallen angels.
The Beast and the False Prophet are going to gather the armies of the world to battle at Armegeddon in the plain of Jezreel.
Jesus warns that even with all these things taking place He will still come to the earth when no one expects it. Just like the rapture evil men do not look for Jesus at any time.
The seventh angel pours out his bowl in the air and a great voice comes from heaven and says it is done. There were voices, thunders, lightnings, and the greatest earthquake of all time occur.
So great is the earthquake the Jerusalem is divided. This is the division of the mount of Olives when Jesus Comes back. Islands sink and mountains are brought down with this great earthquake. This is the resurrection of OT saints and tribulation saints.
Great hail occurs with hail stone weighing 75 pounds.
- Antichrist and false prophet deceive many people (Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. ; 2 Thessalonians. 2:9-11 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: )
- The gospel of the kingdom proclaimed by the 144,000 which they have been doing since the beginning of the tribulation. (Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.)
- Israel persecuted by the Antichrist (Jer. 30:5-7For thus saith the Lord; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. 6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? 7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.; Dan. 12:1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.; Zech. 13:8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.; Matt. 24:21-22For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.)
- Blasphemy increases as the judgments intensify (Rev. 16:8-11 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.) Man hatred of God and love of self reaches it apex.
- Babylon is destroyed in the second half of the tribulation so that the Beast can be worshipped and control the world economically.
Revelation chapters 17-18 seem to indicate that a city like an economic Babylon will be a major economic and religious player during the end times. But Jeremiah 50:40 says that no one will live there again. Isaiah 13:19 says that Babylon will be like Sodom and Gomorrah. That means it will never exist again. Then Isaiah 50:9 and 41-42 tells us that the kings of the north out of many nations will destroy the city of Babylon. Is that talking about the last days? I don’t know. Probably not. Why? Think about this….. is there time during the seven years of tribulation for this city to be built and become an economic power? Look at it today? Saddam Hussein was intending to built it again but it has been abandoned now. There is no airport there, no infrastructure there. So how can this become a major economic power in seven years? No way in my opinion.
Some say that Mystery Babylon is Rome and the Catholic church. That may be partly true. Some say that Mystery Babylon is the United States because of it’s commercial value to the ten kings. That may be partly true. Some say it is New York City. Some say it is Mecca. In Revelation 18 the 10 kings under the Antichrist will destroy the city of Babylon. But a city called Babylon will be destroyed in Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. Then what city is destroyed? Is it Babylon rebuilt? Is it Rome? Is it another city? Is it the United States? Is it New York? Is it Mecca? Could be any of these but probably not a rebuilt Babylon.
My contention is that Mystery Babylon has been going on since Nimod and the tower of Babel. It is the religions of man. New age, evolution, Roman Catholicism, Environmentalism, Homosexuality, Islam and Hinduism all wrapped into one godless man-centered, elitist world dominating religion. It is spiritual adultery. The Illuminati, The club of Rome, the Council on Foreign Relations, Tri-Lateral Commission, The Bilderburgers, and the Masonic Lodge, all of these elitist who have been controlling the world since Nimrod will be defeated and control given to the antichrist.
The Catholic church and the United States are all a part of Mystery Babylon by upholding this vile religion of Nimrod. New age, evolution, Roman Catholicism, Environmentalism, Homosexuality, Islam, and Hinduism all wrapped into one godless man-centered, elitist world dominating religion supported by the Catholics and the United States and many other nations around the world.
Again the nations who were controlled by Mystery Babylon destroy Babylon and give their loyalty to the antichrist and they destroy Babylon during the last 3 1-2 years. But Mystery Babylon doesn’t end it just changes hands from control of the elitists to the control of the antichrist. (Rev. 17:16-18 nd the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.)
Now Revelation 17 and 18 gives the details about what happened to the great whore and her judgment. These events describe the end of Spiritual Babylon and Commercial Babylon. They happen just before the battle of Armageddon described in Revelation 19:19.
She that sitteth on many waters means that she has world wide reach as describe in verse 15. The great leaders love this woman. John is carried to a place where he can see the woman. She is sitting on a red or scarlet beast full of names of blasphemy against God and it has seven heads and ten horns. Sounds like the nations that support and are loyal to the beast. Seven kings and ten horns. She is religious, spiritual for she blasphemes God and get others to follow other gods hence the term whore.
She is dressed in purple and scarlet adorned with gold and precious jewels and pearls and in her hand is a cup full of the abominations and filthiness that she has committed. She too has a name in her forehead. MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. People have the mark of the beast in their forehead, The 144,000 have the mark of God in their forehead and the great whore has her name in her forehead.
This woman has killed the followers of Jesus down through the years. A persecutor of God’s people. This is the spiritual force behind Catholicism, Islam, Hinduism, Mormonism, new age and most all false religions. For they are all mystical, shrouded in mystery and intrigue. For mystery Babylon is behind all the false religions of the world today and in all of history they can all be traced to mystery Babylon. I think they are best represented by Roman Catholicism the largest religion in the world. All nations owe allegiance to the pope for his reach is economical, moral and mysterious. All nations bow to Him and now we know why.
The beast is described as having died and risen from the dead. After he was killed he came out of the bottomless pit but will end up in perdition. The devil has been the enemy of God down through the years disguised and appearing in many forms. The power behind the great harlot and all of the world powers is the devil.
The seven heads of the woman are seven mountains. The Vatican is on seven mountains but I don’t think it refers to mountains but governments. There are seven kings that follow the woman, five are fallen but one, a little horn comes out of them the beast as described in Daniel. He has power only a short time seven years.
The ten horns. Horns mean power. But they have no kingdom so they are elite world leaders. Such as the club of Rome, the illuminati, Big Tech companies, Bill Gates, George Soros, Big business companies. They shall have world power with the beast but a very short time. 3 ½ years.
They shall make war with Jesus at Armaggedon eventually. But before that the ten kings will turn on the harlot of Babylon and destroy her once and for all. Why do they turn on her? Because they have given their loyalties to the Beast in Revelation 17 verse 12.
John says the woman is that great city which reigneth over the kings of the earth. Who is she? Rome under Catholicism? Is it the great economic power of the internet? Roman catholicism is based on Babylonian gods of Isis, Sheb and Horeb. Nimrod and his mother. This is mystery Babylon on which Roman Catholicism is based. So I lean toward this mystery relgion as I said earlier but it doesn’t have to be centered in the Vatican. The pope met recently in UR of the Caldeans which is the center of the ancient land of Shinar and Babylon. So I believe it will be centered there possibly. Spiritual Babylon.
Another angel comes down who lights the world with his glory. He announces that Babylon the great is fallen. This place when it falls becomes the place of demons. This Babylon sounds just like the one mentioned in Revelation 17 only this one has merchandise and provides many great things to the merchants of the earth. Commercial Babylon.
A voice comes out of heaven and asks people not to have anything to do with this Babylon described as Her. Her sins have reached heaven they are so awful.
Babylon glorified herself instead of God. This city will burn with fire and the merchants will mourn her destruction. They will mourn her from a safe distance as they admit no one is like her. They describe the things that she sold. She is described just like the woman in chapter 17. Purple and scarlet clothing, gold and precious jewels. Is it New York, Paris, London, Berlin, Japan? I don’t think so.
Sea traders will miss her, so this is a port city or an important shipping center but doesn’t have to be near the water as Sea in Revelation means the world. Is Babylon going to be rebuilt? Some think it will and it could be rebuilt quickly. They built Dubois is a short time a Middle Eastern commercial center. So it’s possible that everything is going full circle and going back to Babylon a center for demonic and wickedness for all time.
Could it be China? Is there a spiritual Mystery Babylon and a commercial Babylon China? You know that the NBA, Big Tech, Big Pharm all adores China and their market of 1.3 billion customers. You know everything we buy today is made in China. Maybe it will switch to the new Babylon.
And angel destroys the Babylon with a great stone cast into the sea so sudden is it’s destruction. Must be a great sunami or something colossal. I don’t know but it’s very interesting that they are hoping for Ur of the Chaldeans to be a tourist attraction again.
Many millions of martyrs blood are spilled in this Babylon. The origin of all godlessness and wickedness. Of courses China has killed millions of Christians. No prophets have come from China….but this could be talking about those killed during the tribulation by China. Both Rome and China have killed millions of believers in Jesus Christ. But so has Russia. So I believe it’s something centered in the ancient area of Babylon.
- Events concluding the seven-year period
- The king of the South (Egypt) and the king of the North fight against the Antichrist (Dan. 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
- Antichrist enters Israel and defeats Egypt, Libya, and Ethiopia (Dan. 11:40a-43 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.)
- Great armies from the East and the North move toward Israel as all nations gather for the final war. (Dan. 11:44; But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.)
- Jerusalem is ravaged (Zech. 14:1-4 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.)
- Signs appear in the earth and sky (Isa. 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.; Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:, 30-31 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.; 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.; Matt. 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:)
- More Jews are able to flee Jerusalem and the Anti-Christ and the battle of Armegeddon through the splitting of the Mount of Olives as Christ arrives to save His people. (Zech. 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. If these days were not cut short no flesh would survive just as the Bible predicted but Jesus will bring it to an end.
- Christ returns with the armies of heaven (Matt. 24:27-31 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.; Rev. 19:11-16 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.)
- Armies unite at Armageddon against Christ and the armies of heaven (Joel 3:9-11 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: 10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. 11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.; Rev. 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.; 19:17-19 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.)
- Unified armies of the world are destroyed by Christ (Rev. 19:19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army., 21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
- The “beast” (Antichrist) and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire (Rev. 19:20And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. King James Version (KJV)) For 1,000 years they will be the only two in the lake of fire.
- Events following the seven-year period
- 45 Days and 30 days. Daniel chapter 12:11-12. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. For judgment of the sheep and goats, some even think this is for the marriage supper of the Lamb. Definitely for the setting up of the kingdom. Also birds have to clean up the mess of the dead bodies at the end of the tribulation. Revelation 19:17-18 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
2 Final regathering of Israel (Isa. 11:11-12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.; Jer. 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.; Ezek. 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.; Amos 9:14-15 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.; Micah 4:6-7; In that day, saith the Lord, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the Lord shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. Matt. 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
- A remnant of Israelites turn to the Lord and are forgiven and cleansed (Hosea 14:1-5 O israel, return unto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. 2 Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips. 3 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy. 4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. 5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.; Zech. 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.; 13:1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness)
- National deliverance of Israel from the Antichrist (Dan. 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.; Zech. 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.; Rom. 11:26-27)
- Judgment of living Israel (Ezek. 20:33-38 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you: 34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face. 36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God. 37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant: 38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.; Matt. 25:1-30 contains the parable of the ten virgins and of the talents. Remember Jesus is talking to Israel usually in His parables. There were exception like John 14 and John 17)
Those who trusted in Christ enter into the millennium and those who did not are sent to hell.
- Judgment of living Gentiles (Matt. 25:31-46)
Sheep and goats. Those who treated the 144,000 well are the sheep and the goats are those who opposed them. The sheep enter into the Millenium.
- Satan cast into the abyss (Rev. 20:1-3 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little) Not yet in the lake of fire.
- Old Testament saints resurrected (Isa. 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.; Dan. 12:1-3 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.)
They reign with Christ for one thousand years. Are the Old testament saints included in the Marriage supper of the Lamb? Some think so.
- Tribulation saints resurrected (Rev. 20:4-6 nd I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.)
They reign with Christ for one thousand years.
- Daniel 9:24 fulfilled. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Israel’s sin and rebellion has ended forever. Prophecy has been fulfilled concerning the 70 weeks of God‘s people.
- Christ begins His reign on earth (Ps. 72:8He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.; Isa. 9:6-7For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.; Dan. 2:14-35hen Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king’s guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon: 15 He answered and said to Arioch the king’s captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel. 16 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation. 17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: 18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. 20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. 23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter. 24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation. 25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation. 26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof? 27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; 28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these; 29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. 30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart. 31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. 32 This image’s head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. 34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth., Daniel 2: 44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.; 7:13-14I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.; Zech. 9:10And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.; Rev. 20:4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
- Characteristics and Events of the Millennium
- Physical characteristics
1 Topography and geography of the earth changed (Isa. 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.; Ezek. 47:1-12 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. 2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side. 3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. 4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. 5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. 6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. 8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. 9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. 10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. 11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. 12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.;
Ezekiel 48:8-20 And by the border of Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it. 9 The oblation that ye shall offer unto the Lord shall be of five and twenty thousand in length, and of ten thousand in breadth. 10 And for them, even for the priests, shall be this holy oblation; toward the north five and twenty thousand in length, and toward the west ten thousand in breadth, and toward the east ten thousand in breadth, and toward the south five and twenty thousand in length: and the sanctuary of the Lord shall be in the midst thereof. 11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; which have kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray. 12 And this oblation of the land that is offered shall be unto them a thing most holy by the border of the Levites. 13 And over against the border of the priests the Levites shall have five and twenty thousand in length, and ten thousand in breadth: all the length shall be five and twenty thousand, and the breadth ten thousand. 14 And they shall not sell of it, neither exchange, nor alienate the firstfruits of the land: for it is holy unto the Lord. 15 And the five thousand, that are left in the breadth over against the five and twenty thousand, shall be a profane place for the city, for dwelling, and for suburbs: and the city shall be in the midst thereof. 16 And these shall be the measures thereof; the north side four thousand and five hundred, and the south side four thousand and five hundred, and on the east side four thousand and five hundred, and the west side four thousand and five hundred. 17 And the suburbs of the city shall be toward the north two hundred and fifty, and toward the south two hundred and fifty, and toward the east two hundred and fifty, and toward the west two hundred and fifty. 18 And the residue in length over against the oblation of the holy portion shall be ten thousand eastward, and ten thousand westward: and it shall be over against the oblation of the holy portion; and the increase thereof shall be for food unto them that serve the city. 19 And they that serve the city shall serve it out of all the tribes of Israel. 20 All the oblation shall be five and twenty thousand by five and twenty thousand: ye shall offer the holy oblation foursquare, with the possession of the city.; Zech. 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.., 8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be, 10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.)
- Wild animals tamed (Isa. 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.; 35:9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:; Ezek. 34:25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.) Wolf and Lamb lie down together. A child can play with a poisonous snake.
- Crops abundant (Isa. 27:6 He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.; 35:1-2 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. 2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God., 6-7 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
7 And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.; Amos 9:13 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.; Zech. 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
- Human longevity increased (Isa. 65:20-23 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.)
People will die but they will have long lives.
- Spiritual and religious characteristics and events
1 Satan confined in the abyss (Rev. 20:1-3 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.) Not yet in the lake of fire.
- Millennial temple built (Ezek. 40:5-43:27) The final Temple…. 5 And behold a wall on the outside of the house round about, and in the man’s hand a measuring reed of six cubits long by the cubit and an hand breadth: so he measured the breadth of the building, one reed; and the height, one reed.6 Then came he unto the gate which looketh toward the east, and went up the stairs thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad; and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad. 7 And every little chamber was one reed long, and one reed broad; and between the little chambers were five cubits; and the threshold of the gate by the porch of the gate within was one reed. 8 He measured also the porch of the gate within, one reed. 9 Then measured he the porch of the gate, eight cubits; and the posts thereof, two cubits; and the porch of the gate was inward. 10 And the little chambers of the gate eastward were three on this side, and three on that side; they three were of one measure: and the posts had one measure on this side and on that side. 11 And he measured the breadth of the entry of the gate, ten cubits; and the length of the gate, thirteen cubits. 12 The space also before the little chambers was one cubit on this side, and the space was one cubit on that side: and the little chambers were six cubits on this side, and six cubits on that side. 13 He measured then the gate from the roof of one little chamber to the roof of another: the breadth was five and twenty cubits, door against door. 14 He made also posts of threescore cubits, even unto the post of the court round about the gate. 15 And from the face of the gate of the entrance unto the face of the porch of the inner gate were fifty cubits. 16 And there were narrow windows to the little chambers, and to their posts within the gate round about, and likewise to the arches: and windows were round about inward: and upon each post were palm trees. 17 Then brought he me into the outward court, and, lo, there were chambers, and a pavement made for the court round about: thirty chambers were upon the pavement. 18 And the pavement by the side of the gates over against the length of the gates was the lower pavement. 19 Then he measured the breadth from the forefront of the lower gate unto the forefront of the inner court without, an hundred cubits eastward and northward. 20 And the gate of the outward court that looked toward the north, he measured the length thereof, and the breadth thereof. 21 And the little chambers thereof were three on this side and three on that side; and the posts thereof and the arches thereof were after the measure of the first gate: the length thereof was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 22 And their windows, and their arches, and their palm trees, were after the measure of the gate that looketh toward the east; and they went up unto it by seven steps; and the arches thereof were before them. 23 And the gate of the inner court was over against the gate toward the north, and toward the east; and he measured from gate to gate an hundred cubits. 24 After that he brought me toward the south, and behold a gate toward the south: and he measured the posts thereof and the arches thereof according to these measures. 25 And there were windows in it and in the arches thereof round about, like those windows: the length was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 26 And there were seven steps to go up to it, and the arches thereof were before them: and it had palm trees, one on this side, and another on that side, upon the posts thereof. 27 And there was a gate in the inner court toward the south: and he measured from gate to gate toward the south an hundred cubits. 28 And he brought me to the inner court by the south gate: and he measured the south gate according to these measures; 29 And the little chambers thereof, and the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, according to these measures: and there were windows in it and in the arches thereof round about: it was fifty cubits long, and five and twenty cubits broad. 30 And the arches round about were five and twenty cubits long, and five cubits broad. 31 And the arches thereof were toward the utter court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof: and the going up to it had eight steps. 32 And he brought me into the inner court toward the east: and he measured the gate according to these measures. 33 And the little chambers thereof, and the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, were according to these measures: and there were windows therein and in the arches thereof round about: it was fifty cubits long, and five and twenty cubits broad. 34 And the arches thereof were toward the outward court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof, on this side, and on that side: and the going up to it had eight steps. 35 And he brought me to the north gate, and measured it according to these measures; 36 The little chambers thereof, the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, and the windows to it round about: the length was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 37 And the posts thereof were toward the utter court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof, on this side, and on that side: and the going up to it had eight steps. 38 And the chambers and the entries thereof were by the posts of the gates, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 And in the porch of the gate were two tables on this side, and two tables on that side, to slay thereon the burnt offering and the sin offering and the trespass offering. 40 And at the side without, as one goeth up to the entry of the north gate, were two tables; and on the other side, which was at the porch of the gate, were two tables. 41 Four tables were on this side, and four tables on that side, by the side of the gate; eight tables, whereupon they slew their sacrifices. 42 And the four tables were of hewn stone for the burnt offering, of a cubit and an half long, and a cubit and an half broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laid the instruments wherewith they slew the burnt offering and the sacrifice. 43 And within were hooks, an hand broad, fastened round about: and upon the tables was the flesh of the offering. 44 And without the inner gate were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate; and their prospect was toward the south: one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north. 45 And he said unto me, This chamber, whose prospect is toward the south, is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house. 46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the Lord to minister unto him. 47 So he measured the court, an hundred cubits long, and an hundred cubits broad, foursquare; and the altar that was before the house. 48 And he brought me to the porch of the house, and measured each post of the porch, five cubits on this side, and five cubits on that side: and the breadth of the gate was three cubits on this side, and three cubits on that side. 49 The length of the porch was twenty cubits, and the breadth eleven cubits, and he brought me by the steps whereby they went up to it: and there were pillars by the posts, one on this side, and another on that side.
41;41 Afterward he brought me to the temple, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, and six cubits broad on the other side, which was the breadth of the tabernacle. 2 And the breadth of the door was ten cubits; and the sides of the door were five cubits on the one side, and five cubits on the other side: and he measured the length thereof, forty cubits: and the breadth, twenty cubits. 3 Then went he inward, and measured the post of the door, two cubits; and the door, six cubits; and the breadth of the door, seven cubits. 4 So he measured the length thereof, twenty cubits; and the breadth, twenty cubits, before the temple: and he said unto me, This is the most holy place. 5 After he measured the wall of the house, six cubits; and the breadth of every side chamber, four cubits, round about the house on every side. 6 And the side chambers were three, one over another, and thirty in order; and they entered into the wall which was of the house for the side chambers round about, that they might have hold, but they had not hold in the wall of the house. 7 And there was an enlarging, and a winding about still upward to the side chambers: for the winding about of the house went still upward round about the house: therefore the breadth of the house was still upward, and so increased from the lowest chamber to the highest by the midst. 8 I saw also the height of the house round about: the foundations of the side chambers were a full reed of six great cubits. 9 The thickness of the wall, which was for the side chamber without, was five cubits: and that which was left was the place of the side chambers that were within. 10 And between the chambers was the wideness of twenty cubits round about the house on every side. 11 And the doors of the side chambers were toward the place that was left, one door toward the north, and another door toward the south: and the breadth of the place that was left was five cubits round about. 12 Now the building that was before the separate place at the end toward the west was seventy cubits broad; and the wall of the building was five cubits thick round about, and the length thereof ninety cubits. 13 So he measured the house, an hundred cubits long; and the separate place, and the building, with the walls thereof, an hundred cubits long; 14 Also the breadth of the face of the house, and of the separate place toward the east, an hundred cubits. 15 And he measured the length of the building over against the separate place which was behind it, and the galleries thereof on the one side and on the other side, an hundred cubits, with the inner temple, and the porches of the court; 16 The door posts, and the narrow windows, and the galleries round about on their three stories, over against the door, cieled with wood round about, and from the ground up to the windows, and the windows were covered; 17 To that above the door, even unto the inner house, and without, and by all the wall round about within and without, by measure. 18 And it was made with cherubims and palm trees, so that a palm tree was between a cherub and a cherub; and every cherub had two faces; 19 So that the face of a man was toward the palm tree on the one side, and the face of a young lion toward the palm tree on the other side: it was made through all the house round about. 20 From the ground unto above the door were cherubims and palm trees made, and on the wall of the temple. 21 The posts of the temple were squared, and the face of the sanctuary; the appearance of the one as the appearance of the other. 22 The altar of wood was three cubits high, and the length thereof two cubits; and the corners thereof, and the length thereof, and the walls thereof, were of wood: and he said unto me, This is the table that is before the Lord. 23 And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors. 24 And the doors had two leaves apiece, two turning leaves; two leaves for the one door, and two leaves for the other door. 25 And there were made on them, on the doors of the temple, cherubims and palm trees, like as were made upon the walls; and there were thick planks upon the face of the porch without. 26 And there were narrow windows and palm trees on the one side and on the other side, on the sides of the porch, and upon the side chambers of the house, and thick planks.
42;1 Then he brought me forth into the utter court, the way toward the north: and he brought me into the chamber that was over against the separate place, and which was before the building toward the north. 2 Before the length of an hundred cubits was the north door, and the breadth was fifty cubits. 3 Over against the twenty cubits which were for the inner court, and over against the pavement which was for the utter court, was gallery against gallery in three stories. 4 And before the chambers was a walk to ten cubits breadth inward, a way of one cubit; and their doors toward the north. 5 Now the upper chambers were shorter: for the galleries were higher than these, than the lower, and than the middlemost of the building. 6 For they were in three stories, but had not pillars as the pillars of the courts: therefore the building was straitened more than the lowest and the middlemost from the ground. 7 And the wall that was without over against the chambers, toward the utter court on the forepart of the chambers, the length thereof was fifty cubits. 8 For the length of the chambers that were in the utter court was fifty cubits: and, lo, before the temple were an hundred cubits. 9 And from under these chambers was the entry on the east side, as one goeth into them from the utter court. 10 The chambers were in the thickness of the wall of the court toward the east, over against the separate place, and over against the building. 11 And the way before them was like the appearance of the chambers which were toward the north, as long as they, and as broad as they: and all their goings out were both according to their fashions, and according to their doors. 12 And according to the doors of the chambers that were toward the south was a door in the head of the way, even the way directly before the wall toward the east, as one entereth into them. 13 Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the Lord shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy. 14 When the priests enter therein, then shall they not go out of the holy place into the utter court, but there they shall lay their garments wherein they minister; for they are holy; and shall put on other garments, and shall approach to those things which are for the people. 15 Now when he had made an end of measuring the inner house, he brought me forth toward the gate whose prospect is toward the east, and measured it round about. 16 He measured the east side with the measuring reed, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 17 He measured the north side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 18 He measured the south side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed. 19 He turned about to the west side, and measured five hundred reeds with the measuring reed. 20 He measured it by the four sides: it had a wall round about, five hundred reeds long, and five hundred broad, to make a separation between the sanctuary and the profane place.
43;1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: 2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. 3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face. 4 And the glory of the Lord came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east. 5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house. 6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me. 7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places. 8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger. 9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever. 10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern. 11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them. 12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house. 13 And these are the measures of the altar after the cubits: The cubit is a cubit and an hand breadth; even the bottom shall be a cubit, and the breadth a cubit, and the border thereof by the edge thereof round about shall be a span: and this shall be the higher place of the altar. 14 And from the bottom upon the ground even to the lower settle shall be two cubits, and the breadth one cubit; and from the lesser settle even to the greater settle shall be four cubits, and the breadth one cubit. 15 So the altar shall be four cubits; and from the altar and upward shall be four horns. 16 And the altar shall be twelve cubits long, twelve broad, square in the four squares thereof. 17 And the settle shall be fourteen cubits long and fourteen broad in the four squares thereof; and the border about it shall be half a cubit; and the bottom thereof shall be a cubit about; and his stairs shall look toward the east. 18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon. 19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering. 20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it. 21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary. 22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock. 23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish. 24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord. 25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish. 26 Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves. 27 And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord God.
- Animal sacrifices offered as memorials to Christ’s death (Isa. 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.; 66:20-23 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord. 21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord. 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.; Jer. 33:17-18 For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; 18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.; Ezek. 43:18-27 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon. 19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering. 20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it. 21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary. 22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock. 23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish. 24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord. 25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish. 26 Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves. 27 And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord God.; 45:13-46:24; Mal. 3:3-4 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. 4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years.)
4.. Feasts of the New Year, Passover, and Tabernacles reinstituted (Ezek. 45:18-25 hus saith the Lord God; In the first month, in the first day of the month, thou shalt take a young bullock without blemish, and cleanse the sanctuary:19 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering, and put it upon the posts of the house, and upon the four corners of the settle of the altar, and upon the posts of the gate of the inner court. 20 And so thou shalt do the seventh day of the month for every one that erreth, and for him that is simple: so shall ye reconcile the house. 21 In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. 22 And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering. 23 And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering. 24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and an hin of oil for an ephah. 25 In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil.; Zech. 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.)
- Nations worship in Jerusalem (Isa. 2:2-4 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.; Micah 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.; 7:12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.; Zech. 8:20-23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: 21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also. 22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord. 23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.; 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no)
- Worldwide knowledge of God (Isa. 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.; Jer. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.; Micah 4: 4-5For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. Hab. 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.)
- Unparalleled filling of and empowerment by the Holy Spirit on Israel (Isa. 32:15 Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.; 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:; Ezek. 36:24-29 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.; 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.; Joel 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.)
- New Covenant with Israel fulfilled (Jer. 31:31-34Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.; Ezek. 11:19-20And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.; 36:25-32Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.)
- Righteousness and justice prevails (Isa. 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.; 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.; 42:1-4 ehold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.; Jer. 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.)
- Political characteristics and events
- Israel reunited as a nation (Jer. 3:18; In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers. Ezek. 37:15-23 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, 16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all. 23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.)
- Israel at peace in the land (Deut. 30:1-10 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. 7 And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. 8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day. 9 And the Lord thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the Lord will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: 10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.; Isa. 32:18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;; Hosea 14:5, I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. 7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon. Amos 9:15; And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God. Micah 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.; 5:4-5 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.; Zech. 3:10 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.; 14:11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
- Abrahamic Covenant land—boundaries established in Genesis are finally established. (Gen. 15:18-21; In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites. Ezek. 47:13-48:8 Thus saith the Lord God; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions. 14 And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance. 15 And this shall be the border of the land toward the north side, from the great sea, the way of Hethlon, as men go to Zedad; 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath; Hazarhatticon, which is by the coast of Hauran. 17 And the border from the sea shall be Hazarenan, the border of Damascus, and the north northward, and the border of Hamath. And this is the north side. 18 And the east side ye shall measure from Hauran, and from Damascus, and from Gilead, and from the land of Israel by Jordan, from the border unto the east sea. And this is the east side. 19 And the south side southward, from Tamar even to the waters of strife in Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And this is the south side southward. 20 The west side also shall be the great sea from the border, till a man come over against Hamath. This is the west side. 21 So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel. 22 And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. 23 And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord God.
48:1 Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan. 2 And by the border of Dan, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Asher. 3 And by the border of Asher, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Naphtali. 4 And by the border of Naphtali, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Manasseh. 5 And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim. 6 And by the border of Ephraim, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Reuben. 7 And by the border of Reuben, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Judah. 8 And by the border of Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it., 23-27 As for the rest of the tribes, from the east side unto the west side, Benjamin shall have a portion. 24 And by the border of Benjamin, from the east side unto the west side, Simeon shall have a portion. 25 And by the border of Simeon, from the east side unto the west side, Issachar a portion. 26 And by the border of Issachar, from the east side unto the west side, Zebulun a portion. 27 And by the border of Zebulun, from the east side unto the west side, Gad a portion.)
- Christ in Jerusalem rules over Israel (Isa. 40:11He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.; Micah 4:7; And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the Lord shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. Micah 5:2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.) Ezekiel 37:22-25 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
- Davidic Covenant fulfilled (Christ on the throne of David, 2 Sam. 7:11-16 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house. 12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.; Isa. 9:6-7For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.; Jer. 33:17-26 For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; 18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually. 19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying, 20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season; 21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers. 22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me. 23 Moreover the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying, 24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the Lord hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them. 25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; 26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.; Amos 9:11-12 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: 12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.; Luke 1:32-33He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.)
- Christ rules over and judges the nations (Isa. 11:3-5; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears, 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. Micah 4:2-3 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Zech. 14:9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.; Rev. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.) No need for police or governments. There will be nations but all ruled by Christ from Jerusalem.
- Resurrected saints reign with Christ (Matt. 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.; 2 Tim. 2:12; If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.; 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.) That’s the church. The Old Testament and the Tribulation saints are also there. Those who survive the tribulation will live and have children during the tribulation.
- Universal peace prevails (Isa. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.; 32:17-18 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. 18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;; 60:18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.; Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.; Micah 4:2-4 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.; 5:4 And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.; Zech. 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.)
- Jerusalem made the world’s capital (Jer. 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.; Ezek. 48:30-35 And these are the goings out of the city on the north side, four thousand and five hundred measures. 31 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi. 32 And at the east side four thousand and five hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Benjamin, one gate of Dan. 33 And at the south side four thousand and five hundred measures: and three gates; one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Zebulun. 34 At the west side four thousand and five hundred, with their three gates; one gate of Gad, one gate of Asher, one gate of Naphtali.35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.; Joel 3:16-17 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.; Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 6-8 In that day, saith the Lord, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the Lord shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.; Zech. 8:2-3 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury. 3 Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.)
- Israel exalted above the Gentiles (Isa. 14:1-2 For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob. 2 And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the Lord for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.; 49:22-23 Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders. 23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.; 60:14-17 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. 15 Whereas thou has been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. 16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. 17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.; 61:5-9 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. 7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 8 For I the Lord love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge t)
- The world blessed through Israel (Micah 5:7 And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.)
- Events following the Millennium
1 Satan released from the abyss (Rev. 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,)
- Satan deceives the nations (Rev. 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.)
- Global armies besiege Jerusalem (Rev. 20:9a And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city….)
Gog and Magog are not the same as in Ezekiel 38-39. The world is Gog and Magog in Revelation 20 not specific nations like Rosh, tubal, Persia, Lybia and Togharma in Ezekiel 38-39 but all nations in Revelation 20. They have a much different agenda in Revelation 20. They are not coming to take a spoil but to destroy Jesus Christ. Not 5/6 killed but all will be killed. No one will be buried in Revelation 20 but resurrected to judgment. In Ezekiel 38-39 they will be buried for seven months and seven years burning weapons. In Revelation 20 we go from this war to the new heaven and the new earth.
- Global armies destroyed by fire (Rev. 20:9b …..and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.)
5 Satan cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.)
- Evil angels judged (1 Cor. 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?)
- The wicked dead resurrected (Dan. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. John 5:29b …..and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.)
- The wicked judged at the Great White Throne (Rev. 20:11-14 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.)
- The wicked cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:14-15; And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.)
Now the Lake of Fire is filled with the wicked.
- Nothing is said in scriptures specifically about the Millennium saints who did not die during the Millennium and those Millennium saints who died during the one thousand year reign of Christ. We have to assume though that the Millennium saints both dead and living are given their resurrection bodies after the end of the Millennium and will be a part of the New Heaven and the New earth.
- Christ delivers the mediatorial (millennial) kingdom to God the Father (1 Cor. 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.) Something new and better is coming.
- Present heavens and earth demolished 2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up
- New heavens and new earth created (Rev. 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.)
- New Jerusalem descends to the new earth (Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband., 10-27 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.)
The New Jerusalem is on the earth. 1500 miles cubed. It appears to be indwelt by those redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. The gates are not shut and there is no night. It appears that there will be lots of activity with people coming and going in and out of the city between the new heavens and the new earth. What a day that will be!
- Christ rules forever in the eternal kingdom (Isa. 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.; Ezek. 37:24-28 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.; Dan. 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.; Luke 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.; Rev. 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Joy forevermore!!! The beginning!!!!
Why There cannot be Many ways to God
Jack S Ward
Christians believe that Jesus is the only way that God has provided for mankind to be saved from the curse of sin What about those who would say….”There can’t be just one way! That can’t be! What about those who sincerely believe in these other religions? What about them? If I believe in my religion isn’t that enough.”
This question becomes a question about the character of God. Let me give you an example of the character of God. God cannot sin and God cannot lie. We all know that about God, but did you know that God cannot be confused and cannot cause confusion. The Bible says that God is not the author of Confusion. Let me explain why this is important.
Everyone knows that there is absolute truth in mathematics. Two plus two is always four. Everyone knows that there is absolute truth in physical science. Gravity…what goes up must eventually come down. God gave us these truths so that creation can have order. Why is it then that most people accept these truths as absolute but believe that in the matter of spiritual things there is no absolute truth?
If God has given us order in our world, why would He not give us order in spritual things? How confusing would it be if two plus two would be five sometimes? How could we build buildings? How could we make automobiles? How could we invent machines that help man if mathematics could not be absolutely true all the time? What would happen if the law gravity was not consistent? Total confusion!
Again I repeat that the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion. The very fact that there is order in our world, that there are absolute truths must mean that…..1. There is a God of order. 2. There is only one way to know Him.
If there is absolute truth in math and physical science then there MUST be abolute truth in spiritual matters! There cannot be many ways to God for that would lead us to total confusion. And that’s what we have today…… total confusion! Today we have a mish mash of dieties, religions and ideologies. How do we know who is right?
If you want to know WHO is right you have to ask the right person. If you ask any man what religion is the right one he will give you his idea. But you can’t expect a man to tell you how to reach God. You have to find out what God says about the matter.
God gave us the Bible so we can know what He has said. The Bible claims that it is God’s holy word. The Bible is one book that contains 66 smaller books written by 40 authors over 1600 years, yet it all agrees perfectly. It’s God’s ONLY word. His final word to man. God would not confuse us by giving us a new Holy book every 100 years or so. So we have to assume that a God who is a God of order would reveal His word in one source. That source is the Bible.
The focus of the Bible is not confusing in fact it all points to ONE thing…the cross and it points to only one person…..the ONLY begotten Son of God…Jesus Christ! The Bible says that Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No man comes unto the Father but BY HIM!. John 14:6. Jesus Himself said…If you don’t believe that I AM ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24. There you have it. God would not confuse us and give us many ways and religions. He sent Jesus Christ His ONLY begotton Son to die on the cross to pay for our sin debt.
God’s character is that He is always truth. God’s character is one of order and never confusion. It would be against His character to lead you to many paths. He always leads us down one path…His word. He always leads us to one person…Jesus Christ our ONE and ONLY Lord and Savior. Amen and amen!
Page 5 continued 9
Should Christians Join the Masonic Lodge?
By Jason Carlson
Rarely a week goes by when our ministry isn’t asked a question about the nature and beliefs of Freemasonry and the Masonic Lodge. The questions that are especially concerning to me are the ones related to followers of Jesus Christ who have erroneously gotten caught up in the Masonic system. For example, one recent questioner wrote in and asked me, “Pastor Carlson, I recently found out that the Sr. Pastor of our church is a member of our local Masonic Lodge. I’ve heard mixed reports about Freemasonry and I don’t know if my Pastor’s involvement with this group should be of concern to me or not?” The answer to this question is simple, Freemasonry is a cult and followers of Jesus Christ have no business associating with the Masonic Lodge!
Freemasonry as it is known today was formally organized in the 18th century in England and Scotland. What originally began as a trade guild for stonemasons gradually evolved into a religious organization that masks its true nature behind a façade of fraternal and charitable activities.
The journey into Freemasonry begins in what is called the Blue Lodge. These are the local chapters of Freemasonry found in towns throughout America. The Blue Lodge consists of 3 levels or degrees (1st entered apprentice degree; 2nd fellowcraft degree; 3rd master mason degree). After going thru the 3 degrees of the Blue Lodge, the Mason has the choice to stay in the Blue Lodge or seek the advanced degrees thru the York Rite or Scottish Rite branches of Masonry (many Masons will do both branches). The Scottish Rite consists of 32 degrees and an honorary 33rd degree, while the York Rite consists of 13 degrees. For those who attain the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite, they can then petition to become a Shriner.
What must a person do to join the Masonic Lodge? It is in this process where the truly occult nature of Freemasonry begins to reveal itself. To begin, each prospective Mason must go thru an initiation process where they are blindfolded, with a noose placed around their neck, and led, with a sword to their chest, into the inner room of the Lodge where an altar is set-up. Behind the alter stands a man called “The Worshipful Master.” He is the master of the Lodge and presides over the initiation ceremony. All prospective Masons will bow down before “The Worshipful Master” and say the following, “I am lost in darkness, and I need the light of Freemasonry.” Following this declaration, the initiate is required to take a blood oath, swearing allegiance to the Lodge and pledging to protect all of the secrets of Masonry. This blood oath, repeated by every Mason who has joined the Lodge goes like this, “Binding myself under no less a penalty than having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and buried in the rough sands of the sea…” Blood oaths such as this one are not limited to the initiation ceremony, but are repeated at each new degree as the Mason progresses through the secrets of Freemasonry.
And what are the secrets one learns as they progress through the degrees of Freemasonry? It soon becomes apparent that Freemasonry is very much a religion and its goal is to unify the people and religions of the world under the banner of a universal religion, where creeds, doctrines, and individual faith are done away with and replaced by a universal brotherhood of good works. Dr. Albert Pike, the most universally accepted authority on Freemasonry who wrote what is termed by many to be the “Bible of Masonry” (Morals & Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Rite), said this, “Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion, and its teachings are instruction in religion” (p. 213). Pike also declared that Masonry is, “The universal, eternal, immutable religion, such as God planted it in the heart of universal humanity. No creed has ever been long lived that was not built upon this foundation… The ministers of this religion are all Masons… Its sacrifices to God are good works… and perpetual efforts to attain to all the moral perfection of which man is capable” (p. 219).
One thing that is important to understand is that Masons do not discriminate against people of any religious background- they only require that their members have a belief in a god, any god. The name of a person’s god is not important to the Masonic Lodge. Why? It is unimportant because as you progress thru the degrees of Freemasonry you will discover and learn the true identity of god, the Masonic god. Manly P. Hall, another prominent Masonic leader declared, “The true Mason is not creed-bound. He realizes with the divine illumination of his lodge that as a Mason his religion must be universal: Christ, Buddha, or Mohammed, the name means little, for he recognizes only the light and not the bearer. He worships at every shrine, bows before every altar, whether in temple, mosque or cathedral, realizing with his truer understanding the oneness of all spiritual truth” (“The Lost Keys of Freemasonry”, p. 65).
Thus, the goal of Freemasonry is to discover the true identity of god. Masons say that the name of the true god was lost when the architect of Solomon’s temple, Hiram Abiff, was murdered; and so, the goal of Masonry is to progress through the degrees of the Lodge to learn the true identity of god. This process further reveals the occult nature of Freemasonry.
As you progress through the degrees of Masonry, to any discerning mind, it becomes readily apparent who the god of Freemasonry truly is. On the way to discovering the true identity of god, the Mason, in the 17th degree of the Scottish Rite, is first given a secret password and a sacred word that will allow them to continue their progression through the degrees of the Lodge; this sacred word of Masonry is “Abbadon”. What or who is “Abbadon”? Well, in Revelation 9:11 God tells us who Abbadon is. Abbadon is the king of the demons in the pit of Hell. And the name of this demon king is the sacred word, needed by all Masons, to advance in degrees so that they might discover the true identity of god.
When the Mason finally reaches what is called “the Royal Arch degree” of the York Rite, they are told who the true god of Masonry really is. They are given the name of god that was lost during the building of Solomon’s temple; and the secret name of the god of Masonry is “JAHBULON”. The name JAHBULON comes from a combination of 3 deities: “JAH” stands for Yahweh, or Jehovah; “BUL” is a rendering of the name of the Canaanite god Baal; and “ON” is the Babylonian name of the Egyptian god Osiris. And this 3-headed monster, this union of Yahweh, Baal, and Osiris is supposedly the one true god above all other gods, whose identity was lost, but has been recovered by the Masons. As I noted earlier, to anyone with a discerning mind, it is clear that the Masonic Lodge is steeped in the occult. The identity of the ‘true’ god revealed in the blasphemous Masonic trinity is the ultimate verification of this fact. Whether the Mason realizes it or not, the god of Freemasonry is none other than Satan himself.
Now, one of the most common questions we receive about Freemasonry has to do with the Shriners. This group- known for their charity work, the Shrine circus, the Shriners’ children’s hospitals, their presence in local parades- generally has a very positive public image. Again though, the truth behind the façade is much more sinister.
To be initiated into the Shrine, to become a Shriner, as part of their blood oath at the altar of initiation, the Shriner must bow down, with his hands tied behind his back, and swear an oath in the name of “Allah, the God of our Fathers!” Now, it is important to remember that the Islamic god, Allah, is in no way connected to the true God of the Bible. Allah is a pagan, Arabic deity. Allah is a false god. Allah is not the God of Judaism and Christianity; and Allah’s prophet, Mohammed, was a false prophet who has led millions of people astray!
As if that wasn’t bad enough, most Shriners have no idea about the symbolism portrayed on the red fez hats they proudly wear. Each red Fez worn by the Shriners has on the front an Islamic sword and crescent moon prominently displayed and encrusted with jewels. The crescent moon is the most common Islamic symbol. In fact, it is found on the top of every Muslim mosque around the world and on the flags of many Islamic nations. The crescent moon represents the god of Islam, Allah, who was the pagan moon deity of Mohammed’s tribe, the Quraysh of Arabia. When Mohammed conquered Mecca in Saudi Arabia by force in 630 A.D. he destroyed all of the 360 pagan tribal deities in the Kaaba and set up his tribal deity, the moon god, Allah, as the chief deity of Arabia. Later, when he tried to convince the Jews and Christians of Arabia to worship Allah, they refused, knowing the true identity of Allah, and Mohammed then began his bloody conquest of the Arabian peninsula, slaughtering thousands by the sword, the very same Islamic sword celebrated on the Shriner’s red fez!
Now, with all of this being the true nature of the Masonic Lodge, there are some important questions that any Christian involved in Freemasonry needs to answer:
First, how can a true Christian ever say that they are “lost in darkness and need the light of Freemasonry”? The Bible says in 1 John 1:4-7, “If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” If you are a genuine Christian you cannot be lost in the darkness. If Christ lives in you, you have the light that brings life to all men!
Second, how can any faithful Christian bow down before a man called “The Worshipful Master”? In Matthew 6:24 Jesus said that we could not serve two masters. You can’t claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ and then bow before a man you accept as your “Worshipful Master”.
Third, how can a Christian ever take a pagan blood oath? The Bible forbids the taking of any oath. In Matthew 5:33-37 Jesus says, “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but keep the oath you have made to the Lord.’ But I tell you, do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne, or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King… Simply let your ‘yes’ be ‘yes’ and your ‘no’ be ‘no’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.”
Furthermore, James 5:12 warns us that the swearing of oaths leads to judgment. Considering the pagan nature of the Masonic blood oaths, any true Christian should take James’ warning very seriously.
Fourth, how can any true Christian participate in another religion, in particular a man-made religion where salvation is based on good works and the principle gods are Abbadon- the demon king of Hell- and JAHBULON- a pagan, Satanic trinity?
Fifth, for Christians involved in the Shriners, how do you justify swearing blood oaths to Allah and wearing a red fez hat that celebrates a pagan moon deity and the Islamic sword which has killed thousands of your brothers and sisters in Christ throughout history? Does this not trouble your conscience at all?
These are serious questions that any Christian involved in the Masonic Lodge, at any level, needs to answer. Freemasonry, to its very core, is a false, man-made religion that is totally incompatible with biblical Christianity. Any person who claims to follow Jesus Christ while also participating in the Masonic Lodge must repent and leave the Lodge at once. Jesus demands our full allegiance. We cannot serve two masters. This is an issue of eternal consequence.
If you are a Christian and a Mason reading this article today, please know that you are in my prayers. Also, please remember, Jesus is the light of life and in him there is no darkness (John 8:12). He alone is the only hope of the world, the only source of salvation. We cannot earn or work for our own salvation. It is only found in the free gift of Jesus Christ, bought and paid for on the cross of Calvary, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Ultimately all of us will bow down before the true Worshipful Master, Jesus Christ (Revelation 5:1-14). My prayer for you today is that you will recognize this truth before it’s too late, repent of your involvement in the Lodge, and once again make Jesus the one true Lord of your life.
For more information on Freemasonry and the Masonic Lodge, please check out the following resources available in our bookstore:
Fast Facts on False Teachings (book) by Ron Carlson & Ed Decker
Freemasonry, Shriners, and the Masonic Lodge (CD/MP3 Lecture) by Ron Carlson.
Where Do Masonry and Christianity Conflict?
Masonry (also known as Freemasonry or “the Lodge”) is a powerful, centuries-old fraternal order that, according to Masonic authorities, began in the early eighteenth century. According to most Masonic authorities, modern Masonry (also called “speculative” Masonry) can be traced to the founding of the first Grand Lodge in London in A. D. 1717.
The Lodge is also a secret society. To maintain its secrets, Masonry uses symbolism, secret oaths, and secret rituals to instruct new members, called “initiates.” Each new member swears during these secret ceremonies to remain loyal to the Lodge and its teachings. The teachings instruct each new candidate how he is to serve and the rewards he can expect.
Is Freemasonry another religion?
There are approximately four million Masons in the United States. Many Masons are Christians and many are from other religious faiths. The question is, “Are those members of the Masonic Lodge willingly or unwillingly participating in another religion—the religion of Freemasonry?”
Most Masons are adamant in stating that Freemasonry is not a religion. Alphonse Cerza, Grand Historian of the Grand Lodge of Illinois, argues that Freemasonry is not a religion because of the following: 1) It does not meet the definition of a religion; 2) it offers no system or teaching of salvation; 3) it has no creed, no confession of faith, no theology, and no ritual of worship; and 4) it has no symbols that are religious, like the symbols that are found in a church.
To quote Bill Mankin: “All we are saying is that if you as an individual adopt the principles represented [in Freemasonry] … that you will be a better person. Not that you are going to go to heaven.”
Is Freemasonry a religion? Masonic author Alphonse Cerza in his book Let There Be Light—A Study in Anti-Masonry quoted Dr. M. W. Thomas S. Roy, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge in Massachusetts, in his address to that Lodge. Dr. Roy stated: “By any definition of religion accepted by our critics, we cannot qualify as a religion….”
To see if Cerza and Roy are correct, let us begin with the definition of religion from Webster’s New World Dictionary which defines religion as: 1) “[a] belief in a divine or superhuman power… to be obeyed and worshipped as the Creator and ruler of the universe; 2) expression of… [this] belief in conduct and ritual.”
Now, would any Mason deny that Freemasonry fits this definition of religion as given by Webster? Is it not true that Masonry demands belief in a Supreme Being? Would any Mason deny that their authoritative Ritual describes exactly how they are to express this belief in conduct and ceremony? In brief, can any Freemason say Masonry is not a religion? The answer is obviously “No.”
But Masons do not need to take our word for it. They only need to listen to their respected Masonic authorities. In his Masonic Encyclopedia, Henry Wilson Coil quotes the definition of religion given by Funk and Wagnalls’ New Standard Dictionary (1941), and then asserts that Freemasonry fits not only this definition, but also fits the dictionary definition of what constitutes a “church.” Coil states:
Freemasonry certainly requires a belief in the existence of, and man’s dependence upon, a Supreme Being to whom he is responsible. What can a church add to that, except to bring into one fellowship those who have like feelings?… That is exactly what the Lodge does.
In other words, Coil is saying that not only is Freemasonry a religion, but Freemasonry also functions as a religion as much as a church does.
Albert Mackey in Mackey’s Revised Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, quotes Webster’s definition of religion and then comments, “Freemasonry may rightfully claim to be called a religious institution.”
So is Freemasonry a religion? According to Webster’s Dictionary, according to Funk and Wagnalls’, and according to leading Masonic authorities Coil and Mackey, Freemasonry is a religion.
Does the Masonic Lodge teach its own plan of salvation?
Another reason Masons give as to why Freemasonry cannot be considered a religion is because “It offers no system of salvation.” In other words, they say Freemasonry has no teachings about how a man can go to heaven. But is this true?
Every candidate who enters the Blue Lodge is told again and again during the first three degrees of Masonry that God will reward those who do good deeds.
This can be documented by examining any Masonic manual that contains the Ritual of the first three degrees. In the manual under the explanation of the symbol of the “All-Seeing Eye”—one of the symbols for God—you will find these words: The “All-Seeing Eye [God]… beholds [or “pervades”] the inmost recesses of the human heart, and will reward us according to our works.”
What is the reward Masonry teaches man will get because of his good works? Masonry teaches that God will reward man with eternal life in the “Celestial Lodge Above.” This can be documented in the Masonic Ritual and Monitor under the explanation concerning the lambskin, or white linen apron. There it says, “He who wears the lambskin as a badge of a Mason is thereby continually reminded of purity of life and conduct which is essentially necessary to his gaining admission into that celestial Lodge above, where the Supreme Architect of the universe presides.”
Now does this sound to you like Freemasonry is teaching a way of salvation? If you were to hear this taught in the Lodge, wouldn’t you think that Freemasonry is saying that you can go to the “Celestial Lodge Above” if you live a pure and honest life? Isn’t that religion?
If you are a Christian, when the Lodge teaches a man that by his good life and by his good deeds God will admit him into heaven, isn’t that contrary to biblical teaching? Doesn’t the Bible clearly teach that salvation is not by a man’s work—salvation is only by God’s gracious provision through Jesus Christ? Ephesians 2:8,9 (NIV) very plainly says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”
But if you are still not persuaded that Masonry is presenting a way to heaven, you should listen to Masonic authority Henry Wilson Coil, who writes the following about one of Freemasonry’s religious services. In his encyclopedia he argues:
Freemasonry has a religious service to commit the body of a deceased brother to the dust whence it came, and to speed the liberated spirit back to the Great Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this flight with no other guarantee of a safe landing than their belief in the religion of Freemasonry.”
Notice he says, “religion of Freemasonry.” From this evidence, all must conclude that Freemasonry is a religion because it does offer religious instruction and promises of how a man may get to heaven. In brief, Freemasonry is a religion because it presents its own plan of salvation.
So we have now seen that Freemasonry fits the definition of religion as given by Webster, and we’ve seen that it does offer its own plan of salvation—how a man can go to heaven.
Does the creed of the Masonic Lodge prove that it is a religion?
Some Masons say, along with Masonic apologist Alfonse Cerza, “Freemasonry cannot be a religion because it has no creed; it has no confession of faith; it has no theology, no ritual of worship.” Let us now examine the claim that Freemasonry cannot be a religion because it has no creed.
Webster defines “creed” as: “a statement of belief, principles, or opinions on any subject.” Now, according to Webster, how can any Mason really say that he has no creed? No man can become a Mason without confessing his faith in a Supreme Being. Every Mason must believe in the immortality of the soul, give honorable service to God by practicing the secret arts of Masonry, say prayers to deity, and swear oaths of secrecy in God’s name. These practices prove Masons have a definite creed.
In Coil’s Masonic Encyclopedia we find:
Does Freemasonry have a creed… or tenet … or dogma…to which all members must adhere? Does Freemasonry continually teach and insist upon a creed, tenet and dogma? Does it have meetings characterized by the practice of rites and ceremonies in, and by which, its creed, tenet and dogma are illustrated, by myth, symbols and allegories? If Freemasonry were not religion, what would have to be done to make it such? Nothing would be necessary, or at least nothing but to add more of the same.
Coil goes on to point out that not only does Freemasonry have a creed, but that the Masonic Ledge actually functions in practice as a church. For example, he writes:
That brings us to the real crux of the matter. The difference between a Lodge and a church is one of degree and not of kind. Some think because it [the Lodge] is not a strong or highly formalized or highly dogmatized religion, such as the Roman Catholic Church… it can be no religion at all. But a church of friends (Quakers) exhibits even less formality and ritual than does a Masonic Lodge.”
In conclusion, Coil writes, “The fact that Freemasonry is a mild religion does not mean that it is no religion.”Every Mason should listen to Henry Wilson Coil and stop asserting that they have no creed in the Lodge. If they do have their own creed, they should also admit as Coil does that they are practicing religion.
Does the Masonic Lodge have its own distinct doctrinal statement like a church does?
Another reason Masons give for claiming Freemasonry is not a religion is because “we have no confession of faith in a doctrinal statement such as a church does.” But is this true?
How can any Mason honestly say he has no confession of faith when he must believe in the teachings of the Landmarks concerning the universal Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man, when he must believe in immortality of the soul, when he must believe in a Supreme Being, and when he must believe that as a good Mason he will reside in the “Celestial Lodge Above” for all eternity?
Not only do Masons have a confession of faith in their own doctrinal beliefs, but their Masonic beliefs are distinctive. It can be seen that Masonry teaches specific religious doctrines which are not accepted by many other religions. This means Masonry’s claim of not having distinctive religious doctrines is false.
This can easily be seen from Masonry’s religious teaching concerning the immortality of the soul. Just ask yourself, “Do all religions believe in the doctrine of the immortality of the soul like Masons do?” The answer is “No.” Seventh-Day Adventists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Armstrongites, and Buddhists, to name just a few, do not believe in the immortality of the soul as Masons do.
Do all religious people believe in a single Supreme Being as the Masons do? No. Hindus believe in millions of gods; so do Mormons. Many Buddhists do not believe in God at all.
At death, do all religious people believe as Masons do that they will reside in the “Celestial Lodge in the Sky” for all eternity? A quick examination of other people’s beliefs reveals that Hindus and Buddhists believe in the extinction of the person.
Mormons believe that they can become gods themselves. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that only 144,000 will get to reside in heaven and all the rest who aren’t annihilated will stay on planet Earth.
In conclusion, it is absolutely clear that the Masonic Lodge does have its own distinct religious doctrinal statement just like any other religion does. That’s why Masonry must be considered to be teaching religion.
Does Freemasonry conflict with other religions such as Christianity?
As we have noted, though many Masonic authors state categorically that Freemasonry is a religion, they go on to claim that Masonry in no way conflicts with other religions. For example, Mackey in his Encyclopedia has written:
The religion of Freemasonry is not sectarian. It admits men of every creed within its hospitable bosom, rejecting none and approving none for his peculiar faith. It is not Judaism, though there is nothing in it to offend the Jew; it is not Christianity, but there is nothing in it repugnant to the faith of a Christian. Its religion is that general one of nature and primitive revelation handed down to us from some ancient and patriarchal priesthood—in which all men may agree and in which no men can differ.
This statement reveals that Masonry does have a problem with biblical Christianity. The reason is because the Bible says, “And there is salvation in no one else other than Jesus Christ]; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
It is nonsense to say a Christian can hold to two different religious beliefs at the same time, especially when they conflict. The Masonic Lodge says it is acceptable for men to worship God outside of Christianity. Jesus disagrees. He said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Jesus Christ teaches that He is the way to God—not Masonry; that He is the truth—not Masonic religion; and that spiritual life is found only in Him—not in Masonic doctrine and Ritual (John 14:6). In John 15:4, 5, Jesus teaches, “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
If a person agrees with the teaching of the Masonic ledge, he logically must deny Christ. A person is forced to choose between the Lodge and Jesus. He cannot hold both at the same time.
In conclusion, we have clearly documented that Masonic authorities themselves say Freemasonry must be considered a religion because it fits any standard dictionary definition of “religion.” We’ve also seen that Freemasonry does teach, through its emblems, its working tools, and its Ritual, how a man may go to heaven—which means Masonry has its own plan of salvation. We have noted Masonry has a distinct creed, its own confession of faith, a definite theology, and a specific Ritual of worship. Its symbols are comparable to those symbols found in any church.
Henry Wilson Coil in his 15,000-word article proving Freemasonry is a religion correctly concludes: “Nothing herein is intended to be an argument that Freemasonry ought to be religion. Our purpose is simply to determine what it has become, and is.”
Freemasonry obviously is a religion. Whether you are a Christian, a Jew, or of another religious persuasion, if you are also a member of the Lodge, do you realize that you are actively participating in a conflicting religion? If so, then how can you also participate in the religion of Freemasonry?
↑ Henry Wilson Coil, Freemasonry Through Six Centuries, Vol. I (Richmond, VA: Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1967), pp. 131,152; Transcript, “Christianity and the Masonic Lodge: Are They Compatible?” (Guests: William Mankin, Dr. Walter Martin) (Chattanooga, TN, The John Ankerberg Evangelistic Association, 1985), p. 3; Shildes Johnson, Is Masonry a Religion? (Oakland, NJ: Institute for Contemporary Christianity, 1978), p. 12.
↑ Transcript, “Christianity and the Masonic Lodge,” p. 2: cf. Alphonse Cerza, Let There Be Light: A Study in Anti Masonry (Silver Spring, MD, The Masonic Service Association, 1983), p. 41.
↑ Transcript, “Christianity and the Masonic Lodge,” p. 2.
↑ Cerza, Let There Be Light, p. 41.
↑ Webster’s New World Dictionary, Second Collegiate Edition (New York, Simon & Schuster, 1984).
↑ Henry Wilson Coil, Coil’s Masonic Encyclopedia (New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1961), p. 512.
↑ Albert Mackey, Mackey’s Revised Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, rev. and enlarged by Robert I. Clegg, Vol. II (Richmond, VA, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1966), p. 847.
↑ Transcript, “Christianity and the Masonic Lodge,” p. 2.
↑ Grand Lodge of Texas, A. F. and A. M., Monitor of the Lodge: Monitorial Instructions in the Three Degrees of Symbolic Masonry (Grand Lodge of Texas, 1982), p. 83.
↑ Malcolm C. Duncan, Masonic Ritual and Monitor (New York, David Mckay Co., nd.), p. 129, emphasis added
↑ Ibid., p. 50, emphasis added; cf. Texas Monitor, p. 88.
↑ Coil’s Masonic Encyclopedia, p. 512, emphasis added.
↑ Transcript, “Christianity and the Masonic Lodge,” p. 2; Alphonse Cerza, Let There Be Light: A Study in Anti Masonry, Silver Spring, MD, The Masonic Service Association, 1983.
↑ Webster’s New World Dictionary, Second Collegiate Edition (New York, Simon & Schuster, 1984).
↑ Coil’s Masonic Encyclopedia, p. 512, emphasis added.
The Legend Of Hiram Abiff
At the heart of almost all major rites and religions there will be a story of a martyred leader or a dying god, and Freemasonry is certainly no exception. According to Masonic folklore, Hiram Abiff was the Chief Architect at the building of King Solomon’s Temple.
Supposedly, Hiram knew some sort of secret, which by its mere possession, would allow a person to pass himself off as a Master Mason – thus allowing him to travel and work in foreign countries – and to receive a higher rate of pay.
However, according to the Biblical Book of Kings; King Solomon had already built his temple in Jerusalem when he sent for a man called Hiram to come from the city of Tyre to complete the decorations. This Hiram, however, was neither a Mason nor an Architect, but is described as a Brass worker.
Further, neither the bible, nor any other contemporary source, mentions that Hiram, King Solomon or his temple were part of any sort of fraternal organization. So, how does Hiram Abiff the Architect turn up in Masonic rituals, when there is no mention of him in the Bible, and he had never previously been thought worthy of mentioning, even in the quasi-Biblical legends so beloved by Medieval Stonemasons?
The Cathedral builder’s “Gothic Constitutions” had contained grandiose tales of the Creation, the Flood, Babylon, Nineveh, the Hebrews, Ancient Egypt and Greece. They spoke of England in the Dark Ages, of St. Alban and the Saxon King Athelstan. But, of course, the real purpose of all these stories was to inflate the importance of the role played by builders throughout the ages, so that it would appear that almost anyone of any importance must have been a Mason.
The Gothic Constitutions gave only brief accounts of the building of Solomon’s Temple, and made no reference to Hiram the metalworker. Some reference is made to Hiram King of Tyre, a completely different man who is also revered in Freemasonry, for helping King Solomon build his temple by supplying Cedar wood from Lebanon. [As an aside, this fact is especially interesting, because it raises other important issues: The Bible says the temple was built mostly of wood and was a smallish building, just thirty feet (20 cubits) wide by ninety feet (60 cubits) long – which is roughly the size of a modern-day church hall. So, if this wooden construction had needed an architect, he certainly wouldn’t have been a Stonemason.]
Despite the fact that there is no Biblical or Historical evidence that Hiram was either an Architect or a Mason, and neither the Bible nor the “Gothic Constitutions” mention that the Architect was murdered. This fairytale seems to have been invented in order to give much-needed drama to the third degree ritual – otherwise it would be extremely boring – and was most likely dreamt up by Dr. James Anderson or some other brethren, when they were rewriting Freemasonry’s Constitutions in the early 1700s
After the 18th century authors of Freemasonry’s Constitutions got hold of this story, they hyped Solomon’s Temple into a gigantic stone palace. They gave Hiram an equally imaginative makeover, first, inventing him a surname: “Abiff”. Then they describe him as “the most accomplished Mason upon Earth”, and even go so far as to claim that “this divinely inspired workman” erected the temple himself.
The Hiramic legend reaches its most grandiose form when the Fellow Craft is baptised into Freemasonry’s third degree. Here, Hiram is described as the Temple’s “principal architect”, and the candidate who is seeking to become a Master Mason must personify Hiram and then, with remarkable similarity to the story of the Crucifixion, must be symbolically killed, buried and then raised from the grave.
The story involved with the third degree describes how three Fellow Craft Masons tried to force Hiram to betray his secret, and how using their stonemason tools, they warn him that “death would be the consequence of a refusal” to give up the secret, whereupon Hiram responds that he would rather die than tell them the secret. The ruffians then make good their promise and beat Hiram to death.
In the Masonic myth Hiram Abiff dies. But, in the ritual, the candidate acting the part of Hiram is resurrected; although only after the Lodge Master has applied the Master Mason’s handshake. Next, he places his right foot and breast against the candidate, whom the other lodge officers slowly raise. Finally, the Lodge Master lays his left hand over the candidates back. He then explains these gestures as the “Five Points of Fellowship”:
Hand to Hand I greet you as a brother; foot to foot I will support you in all your undertakings; knee to knee, the posture of my daily supplications shall remind me of your wants; breast to breast, your lawful secrets when entrusted to me as such I will keep as my own; and hand over back, I will support your character in your absence as in your presence.
The Lodge Master then “raises” the candidate to the third degree, and “invests” him with his Masonic apron. He then explains how Hiram’s disappearance threw the workmen into confusion, and that King Solomon ordered a search. The body of Hiram was found “indecently interred” and subsequently reburied “with all respect and reverence”. Meanwhile, another search party had caught the killers on the road to Joppa (an ancient port city in Israel, nowadays called Jaffa). Unable to escape, the criminals confessed their guilt and were taken back to Jerusalem where “King Solomon sentenced them to that death the heinousness of their crime so amply merited”.
The Lodge Master continues that the murderers (Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum) were so overcome with remorse that each exclaimed how he wished to die. Jubela wanted his throat cut across and his tongue torn out; Jubelo wanted his left breast torn open and his heart fed to vultures; whilst Jubelum fancied having his body severed, his bowels burnt to ashes and scattered to the four winds of heaven. King Solomon, duly obliged, and “ordered them to be executed agreeably to the several imprecations of their own mouths”; and, ever since, these utterances have been recalled by Freemasons in the penalties prescribed for the breaking of their oaths.
Without Hiram Abiff’s imagined murder, Freemasonry would have no ritual climax or martyred leader. So, this third degree ceremony helps create possibly the most emotive expression of mutual aid in Freemasonry, and comes straight after a solemn, even frightening enactment of murder, which according to some sources has bought the candidate to tears on occasion. So, after going through this emotional experience in front of the rest of his lodge, the new Master Mason very likely feels that he owes an overriding loyalty to his brethren.
Further, Masonic ritual teaches that imitation of Hiram Abiff is the way to reconciliation with the Great Architect of the Universe, and at the conclusion of the baptism into the Third Degree, the new Master Mason is told that he should imitate Hiram Abiff, so that he may gain entry into the “Celestial Lodge above”, where the Supreme Architect of the Universe presides.
So, just like the other Freemasons oaths and penalties, this entire fairytale is an 18th century invention, and the fantasy of Hiram’s murder is yet another slander against medieval stonemasons, who illiterate as they likely were, were much less prone to bogus history than the Georgian gentlemen who went on to hijacked their traditions.
With a freshly-minted myth of King Solomon’s architect, the writers of the rituals had introduced the “Temple” to Freemasonry, and could now invoke the many religious and mystical properties associated with such a metaphysical concept.
Masonry ought forever to be abolished. It is wrong – essentially wrong – a seed of evil, which can never produce any good. ~~ former U.S. President John Quincy Adams
Universalism. What is it?
The “new” Teachers and the Church
The “new” Teachers and the Church
Ponder this statement “It is appointed to man once to die and then the judgment.” Hebrews 9:27
What is Universalism?
All humanity has or will ultimately have a positive connection and relationship with God. A universalist belief system or universalism states that every human being will be reunited with God whether they believe in Jesus Christ or not. This belief system also says that every human being has divinity or God within them.
Who believes this?
Below is a list of just a few we will call them “new” teachers who believe that the Church as established by the Lord Jesus Christ is a…….let’s put it bluntly, a waste of time and way off base.
I’m sorry to point out that they are not “new” teachers, but this is just old, repackaged paganism, and selfism. Where man is god and God is in man.
Doesn’t the word of God state that there is “nothing new under the sun?” Oh well, let’s continue…
These “new” teachers basically ignore the Jesus of the Bible for a more enlightened modern one. Specifically, the Jesus as described by the apostles in their letters to the churches. They don’t mind the “Red Letter” Jesus of the gospels so much, and they even pick and choose those quotes from Jesus that they find necessary from the gospels.
They believe that everyone is going to be in heaven so there is no need to preach about hell and the sinfulness of man. Their goal is to enlighten the world through Christ, not save sinners through Christ.
I got this list from the websites “Prophezine” “Rapture Ready” and “Deception In The Church.” They are all three excellent web sites for research and great commentary on movements within the church today and in the past.
Here are some quotes and brief description of what these “new” teachers say.
Madeleine L’Engle “All will be redeemed in God’s fullness of time, all, not just the small portion of the population who have been given the grace to know and accept Christ. All the strayed and stolen sheep. All the little lost ones.”
See also: Shakti Gawain: Creative Visualization, Willigis Jager: Contemplation, A Christian Path,
Benedictine monk, Willigis Jager, writing about the Transfiguration of Christ. “His true Being comes to light and even penetrates his clothing. We should not limit ourselves to Jesus. We have to recognize ourselves, our own true form… Life would be so simple if we could always see what we are; if we could recognize what our neighbors are. If we could see the beams of light that pass through their clothing; if we could not only see their external form, but also experience their true being…”
Richard Foster: Celebration of Discipline, Streams of Living Water.
In Celebration Of Discipline Foster makes several recommendations of books that are “helpful” to read. He heartily endorses Tilden Edward’s book, Spiritual Friend. Here are some quotes from that book: page 18 and 19 – “This mystical stream [contemplative prayer and other monastic traditions] is the Western bridge to Far Eastern spirituality [and to that of Sufis Moslems]; This exchange, together with the more popular Eastern impact in the West through transcendental meditation, Hatha Yoga, the martial arts, and through many available courses on Eastern religions in universities, has aided a recent rediscovery of Christian apophatic mystical tradition.” Foster … is highly steeped in the Roman Catholic mystics, drawing from dozens of them for his theology. More than that, Eugene Peterson informs us that Foster has “‘found’ the spiritual disciplines [in the mystics] that the modern world stored away and forgot.”—Gary Gilley,
Henri Nouwen: Way of the Heart.
Did Nouwen believe that Jesus was the only way to God? “Today I personally believe that whileJesus came to open the door to God’s house, all human beings can walk through that door, whether they know about Jesus or not. Today I see it as my call to help every person claim his or her own way to God.”—From Sabbatical Journey, Henri Nouwen’s last book page 51, 1998 Hardcover Edition
Unfortunately, this widely read and often-quoted author, at the end of his life, stated in clear terms that he approached God from a universalistic view. He proclaimed: Today I personally believe that while Jesus came to open the door to God’s house, all human beings can walk through that door, whether they know about Jesus or not. Today I see it as my call to help every person claim his or her own way to God.
See also Nouwen’s endorsement of a book by Hindu spiritual teacher Eknath Easwaran, teaching mantra meditation, further illustrates his universalistic sympathies.
Thomas Merton: Contemplative Prayer,
Catholic lay monk Wayne Teasdale says this of Thomas Merton:
“Thomas Merton was perhaps the greatest popularizer of interspirituality. He opened the door for Christians to explore other traditions, notably Taoism (Chinese witchcraft), Hinduism and Buddhism.” Thomas Merton said: “I see no contradiction between Buddhism and Christianity … I intend to become as good a Buddhist as I can.”
Brennan Manning: Abba’s Child, A Glimpse of Jesus, He said “Herein lies the secret, I believe, of the inner life of Jesus. Christ’s communion with Abba in the inner sanctuary of His soul transformed His vision of reality, enabling Him to perceive God’s love and care behind the complexities of life. Practicing the presence helps us to discern the providence of God at work especially in those dark hours when the signature of Jesus is being traced in our flesh.”
See also William Shannon – Seeds of Peace, He believed that we can find Jesus in many ways.
Tilden Edwards: Spiritual Friend,
“This mystical stream [contemplative prayer] is the Western bridge to Far Eastern spirituality. Shalem is an ecumenical Christian organization devoted to the support of contemplative spirituality.”
- Scott Peck: The Road Less Traveled
“I have said that the ultimate goal of spiritual growth is for the individual to become as one with God.” He then makes this bold proclamation: “It is for the individual to become totally, wholly God.” In familiar New Age fashion he believes “these concepts” have been promoted in the past “by Buddha, by Christ, by Lao-Tse, among many others.”
Dr. Phil: T.V. Talk Show Host, He believes that everyone can find God and claims to be a Christian, but he never mentions sin or Christ. But I can’t be over critical of him. It’s probably not his call to be a TV preacher, so to be fair he doe’s mention his Christian faith and his belief in the Bible.
See also, Gerald May, Matthew Fox: The Coming of the Cosmic Christ. Gary Zukav: The Seat of the Soul,
John Gray: How to Get What You Want and Want What You Have.
We assist people across the world in creating meaning and purpose, creativity and health, joy and love. We call this authentic power – the alignment of the personality with the soul.
Sue Monk Kidd: When the Heart Waits.
Blending her own experiences with an intimate grasp of contemplative spirituality, Sue Monk Kidd relates the passionate and moving tale of her spiritual crisis, when life seemed to have lost meaning and her longing for a hasty escape from the pain yielded to a discipline of “active waiting.” Comparing her experience to the formative processes inside a chrysalis, Kidd charts the passages of her painful descent and her transforming ascent, offering wisdom and hope for the upheavals in life that blister the spirit and leave us groping.
Jack Canfield: Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
Every religion I’ve looked at has some technology— … I’ve studied all of them and found what works for me and I’ve tried to make it available to others. What works for me is a combination of disciplines: I do yoga, tai chi which is a Chinese martial art and three kinds of meditation-vipasana, transcendental and mantra (sound) meditation. If you have to pick a yoga for me, I lean towards bhakii in the sense of devotion, adoration, singing, feeling love and joy exist in my heart.”
Deepak Chopra: The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. Chopra is well known for his seven spiritual laws, “the principles that nature uses to create everything in material existence,” and which people can use to “fulfill [our] desires with effortless ease.”45 His two books on the subject provide guidelines for adults and children to create unlimited wealth.
Chopra’s seven spiritual laws are:
- The Law of Pure Potentiality
- The Law of Giving
- The Law of “Karma” or Cause and Effect
- The Law of Least Effort
- The Law of Intention and Desire
- The Law of Detachment
- The Law of Dharma
Dharma and karma are the two cornerstones of Chopra’s seven laws. In Hinduism, dharma is our purpose in life, and karma is the law of cause-and-effect (Chopra explains the Law of Karma by paraphrasing the Bible: “What you sow is what you reap”).46 By fulfilling our purpose to serve others (dharma), as stated in the Law of Giving, we will reap benefits for ourselves (karma).47 A modified version of Brahma — which in Hinduism is understood.
Who is Beatrice Bruteau and what does she believe?
She is the founder of The School for Contemplation, and she believes God is within every human being. She wrote the book, What We Can Learn from the East. “We have realized ourselves as the Self that says only I AM, with no predicate following, not “I am a this” or “I have that quality.” Only unlimited, absolute I AM”
Rob Bell. Love Wins. Velvet Elvis.
In Love Wins, bestselling author, international teacher, and speaker Rob Bell addresses one of the most controversial issues of faith—hell and the afterlife—arguing, would a loving God send people to eternal torment forever? Rob Bell is an electrifying, unconventional pastor whom Time magazine calls “a singular rock star in the church world,” with millions viewing his NOOMA videos. With searing insight, Bell puts hell on trial with a hopeful message—eternal life doesn’t start when we die; it starts right now. And ultimately, Love Wins.
Jim Palmer. Inner Anarchy: Dethroning God and Jesus to Save Ourselves and the World.
“One of the biggest obstacles to birthing a new world is a false Jesus-story that institutional Christianity has been spreading for the past 2,000 years. Inner Anarchy is a literary Molotov cocktail, designed to take down that story once and for all so we can get to the true message and spirit of Jesus, and a real plan of action to birth a new world.”
These are just a few of the proponents of a “new” spirituality and basically leaving out the Church as founded by our Lord Jesus Christ and they downplay the importance of the Biblical gospel.
Are they false teachers? They all believe somethings a little different but all have one thing in common, to them the established fundamental Biblical church is of very little value. Most of them believe that it actually hinders spiritual growth! They replace the Biblical Jesus, His gospel and fundamental Biblical instruction with the “new” man centered spirituality. I guess they would meet the description of false teacher since they preach “another Jesus.” But to be kind we will continue to call them “new” teachers.
Take Jim Palmer for instance. He not only is a former pastor but he has seemed to completely dismiss the church and the Biblical Jesus and the gospel. Is he really trying to to take down what Jesus established with His shed blood, the CHURCH? Is he is inventing a non-Biblical Jesus and pushing this Jesus as the truth? Is it his goal is to destroy the church? Or is he sincerely trying to lead others to the truth? He is without realizing it destroying himself and many others? Or is it an intense hatred of the Biblical Jesus and the gospel? How many souls follow his teaching? Well what do you think? I can tell you that as of 2015 he was getting thousands of “likes” on his daily face book posts.
Why is the true Biblical Jesus and His gospel being attacked?
One reason we know. Jesus is constantly attacked because the devil of course hates Him. Jesus said He would be persecuted and that there would be false Christ’s abounding. The apostles warned of false teachers in practically all of their writings. Naturally you attack the hero of your enemy if you want to defeat Him. The devil has an enemy, God and his church and the message of the gospel. And He will use his subtle tricks and lies to kill and destroy the truth. The devil takes advantage of man’s inmost desire to find God. Many people if not most of us are looking for spiritual truth.
But what did Jesus say about universalism?
Jesus said in John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me.” The Apostles constantly taught that is through Jesus alone, and the good news, the gospel, that we can have forgiveness of sin and know God truly. Acts 4:12 “there is none other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved.”
Many searching people think that there is a “secret” to be discovered that will give them peace and happiness. But the Bible never says that. There is no “secret” to spiritual truth! The Bible writers inspired by the Holy Spirit never taught that there were any secrets to life. Jesus died publically. When God moves it’s almost always revealed publically. There is no secret to life. There is only the very public and very simple and easy to understand gospel of Jesus Christ that leads to life. Jesus said “If you want life follow me, If you want truth follow me, if you want purpose follow me, if you want joy follow me, if you want forgiveness of sin and peace in your life, follow me.” How simple is that?
Universalism has many variances and explanations to arrive at the same conclusion. While Jesus says, “Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavily laden and I will give you rest.” According to Jesus we can stop searching for truth. Truth is found in a person, Jesus Christ the Lord. “I am the way and the truth.” How simple God has made our search. How can you explain truth? Say “Jesus,” the Jesus of the Bible, not the one of “new” teachers.
Why Do People downplay the Church and Want to undermine it?
Jesus endorsed the church when He said….. “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Has Jesus failed? I think not! He is building the church the way He wants it even now! I know that the seven churches in Revelation are indicators that Jesus is not happy with all congregations. But that doesn’t mean the church isn’t progressing according to His plan. Churches are filled will forgiven, fallen, sinful people. It cannot be perfect….yet. But one day it will.
But if we look deeper we see that these church congregations that disappointed Him were preaching and endorsing false teachers. Just like the people named above have been endorsed by non-discerning pastors and churches all around the globe. We must be Bereans. Acts 17:10-11 “And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”
The Apostle Paul established church’s, that’s what he did! Church, church, church that’s all you find in the book of Acts and the writings of the Apostles. And specifically, warning the church about false teachers that would come and try to destroy the flock. When exactly did false teachers stop infiltrating the church? They haven’t! They are more today than ever!
“New” teachers work against what Jesus loves and His means of working in this world. Jesus never attacked the woes of society. Jesus did NOT practice social justice! He did not! He was sent to the lost house of Israel. He gave healing, food, and did miracles for those who came to Him. Not everyone! Jesus never protested against the evil government of Rome. He never protested against paying taxes. He never organized a food drive. He fed 5,000 and 4,000 people at once. But He didn’t say “go and do thou likewise.” He came to “seek and to save that which was lost.” Later the apostles organized fund raising for the poor saints in Jerusalem. The apostles took care of the poor and hurting among the “church.” There was no fund raisers, food drives, or coat drives among those outside of the church.
Jesus never mentioned anything about establishing a utopian non-church society. He said that “My kingdom is not of this world.” Jesus is going to rule and reign over a just world. Jesus cannot rule over an unjust, fallen world. We wouldn’t stand for it anyway. We are a pluralistic society where everyone basically does what he thinks is right in his own mind. Until the people and the world is redeemed Jesus cannot be king.
The church’s job is to Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20.
Life is all about Jesus Christ. So naturally if Jesus said that “I will build my church…” His church is all about Him. It seems that a “new” teachers focus on a warm fuzzy Jesus, totally dismissing the church.
And they appear to try to focus on our supposed inner guides and strengths and love for everybody. They say that this can be found without the organized church.
They turn attention away from the organized church as if it’s very structure is flawed. But Jesus established the church and the apostles were commissioned to organize it. The church has officers, leaders, and structure. It is compared to a body where members all have a function. If the church is so unimportant why is so much detail given about its organization in the New Testament?
Another thing is that “new teachers” criticize is the Bible itself. They deny many of the stories of the Bible. Some say that the Bible is not all truth. Why Should we believe the Bible? Isn’t truth found in many places? Let me give you three facts about “new” teachers and the Bible.
First of all…. even these “new” teachers use the Bible even if for their own means.
Secondly, God spoke through Moses, the prophets, Jesus and the apostles through the inspiration of Holy Spirit. Many “new” teachers claim that they have been spoken to by God or an angel. But they are told by the so called God or seemingly angels things that contradict the scriptures. So is God the author of confusion?
Thirdly, whether we like it or not the Bible has proven that it is the word of God. The Bible is 27 percent prophetic. The Bible told the exact day that Jesus would be crucified. Daniel Chapter 9. There are many verses that predict that Israel would be scattered throughout the world and return to their land in the latter days. It even says they would have a strong military and turn a dessert into a place that can grow flowers. And the Bible predicts that the world would turn against Israel in the last days. A courious fact about the Iran Nuclear treaty is that no nation has objected to that treaty but Israel. They are alone against the world as the Bible predicted. This proves that the Bible alone is the complete final word of God.
You would be highly irrational to ignore these prophecies. If they are true, then the Bible alone is the word of God and truth of God period. We have no need to anywhere else for truth.
But many “new” teachers still look for truth in other places. They have said “isn’t all truth God’s truth?” All truth is not God’s truth. There is absolute truth in this world. Only God can know the absolute truth and can give absolute truth because He is alone is God. But we as humans experience absolute truth all the time. There is absolute truth in mathematics, two plus two is always four. There is truth in flying an airplane for example. If you want to fly to Atlanta any destination is not going to get you there. There is a true path to Atlanta. There is absolute truth in medicine. If you go to the doctor for a broken toe he is not going to do heart surgery on you, at least I hope not!
Again the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion. He has given us the way and the truth and the life and that is found in ONE person Jesus Christ.
The phrase “All truth is God’s truth” is not true for this reason…..Just because I feel it’s true or I had this experience doesn’t mean I have absolute truth. So when someone says “what is true for me is my truth and you have your truth” is insane. Both can’t be right.
As I said there is absolute truth in math, in medical science, in mechanical applications and even in a clock. So why do people think that in their spiritual lives any truth is God’s truth?
Let me say that God has to be the ultimate order freak. God does everything in order from the sunset to the oceans, from time and space and the revolution of the earth around the sun. As God of order would not ever leave us so confused as to where to turn for truth would He? I wouldn’t think so because God’s truth has been tested by prophecy’s that have come true, God’s truth is absolute truth as revealed in HIS word and therefore the word of God becomes ALL truth and absolute truth.
So you are going to take something as important as your eternal destiny and trust it to your own thinking and your own reality and truth? May I kindly say…. that is madness! Will you trust your surgery to what you feel ought to be done or to the doctor who knows absolutely what needs to be done?
Will you trust your plane ride to Atlanta to the path you feel is right or will you trust the pilot who knows absolutely how to get there?
The Bible claims that the absolute truth of God is found in Jesus Christ! Wouldn’t you want to check it out and see for yourself? God is love and love does not confuse or tease or leave us wanting more. We have found everything when we find God’s truth in Jesus Christ.
Just because someone says they have experienced God doesn’t mean it’s true. It might be true to them, but if it does not line up with the word of God (Absolute Truth) then it is subjective, based on the person who experienced it. Therefore if it contradicts the word of God (Absolute Truth) then that person experienced either a false god, (a demon) or is lying to themselves and others..
The Bible says that in these last days He has spoken absolute truth to us through His Son. Hebrews 1:2. And then goes on to explain that Jesus is better than the angels, and the law and that He perfectly fulfilled the law, the prophets and Moses words. Jesus is everything to everyone!
Now let’s look at some common denominators of “New” Teachers.
- They downplay the established, fundamental Bible believing church.
The church is always too strict, too fundamental, and too Biblical. They complain that the church holds them back because it is too narrow minded and doctrinal.
Then some people go to a good Bible believing church just to pick it apart because, let’s face it, they are spiritually arrogant. They think they are too spiritual to attend that or any church.
They constantly church “hop” and failing to find a church that is good enough for them they finally quit and become church bashers. Then they become fodder for the “new” teachers who themselves have left church for good and decry the church experience.
They hear these “new” teachers and their curiosity in their teaching will get them to start looking at extra biblical sources and experiences. I’ve seen this happen time and time again. Arrogance and pride leads to blindness and destruction. And curiosity can lead to entrapment.
- They see no need for the cross
No need for a cross to bear our sin if have not sinned. The cross is hardly ever mentioned by the “new” teachers. Their disdain for the suffering for Jesus is further illustrated by the fact that you can go to heaven without Jesus. Let’s be honest wouldn’t this is paramount to blasphemy! Why would the Son of God have to suffer if we could be saved apart from the substitutionary atonement? Again the God of order doesn’t build a stairway to nowhere. Jesus died for a reason, to pay the sin debt of man.
- They don’t like the word “sin.”
No need to upset people. Everyone is good innately. We just need to get tuned up and tuned in to our inner self. Yes, people sin and God doesn’t like sin. But since everybody does it and nobody is perfect, it’s okay as long as you don’t spoil the environment and hate your neighbor or yourself. God will understand and in the long run, He will let everyone into heaven.
- They don’t need fundamental belief in the Bible alone as our guide to spiritual truth.
The Bible is good but there are other channels to receive guidance and direction and peace in life. Meditation, Eastern philosophies, yoga, spirit guides, mantras, contemplative prayer, labyrinths, higher learning. The Bible can be too dogmatic and strict in its interpretations. Don’t limit god to just one way of revealing himself. God has spoken in many ways and in many things.
- Every “new” teacher believes they have the answer to life.
Even though they all sound the same and every new book is the actually same old theme. The message is always basically this….You are your own inner power and Jesus wants you to find your true self. It’s all self actualization. George Harrison of the Beatles said that self actualization was the goal of his life and all of his studies. It’s all just Hinduism repackaged and resold. Just look at the books of the authors listed above. Who is different? They all are a little bit as far as their source for truth. Who is the same? They all are in every way.
- They believe that each of us has an inner source of truth.
The Bible says that man’s heart is wicked and who can know it. There is none that seeketh after God. There is none righteous no not one. The Bible describes man as fallen, sinful and hopeless in himself. But the Bible gives glorious hope in our Savior Jesus Christ. There is no inner truth in a fallen human. Let’s be frank….most of these”new” teachers can’t even repair a toaster but they have figured out all truth. Okay…
The Bible says that “thy word is truth.” Who is telling the truth here, all these false teachers with different ideas and paths or the Bible? Both can’t be the truth? Stick with something that has proven reliable and trustworthy…the Bible! As I said before God is ALL TRUTH so His word has to be ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
- Even though they all have the same theme it is difficult to know down exactly what false teachers are saying.
The Bible is focused on Jesus Christ and Him crucified for the sins of the world. “New” teachers are a mishmash of contemplative prayer, centering, higher thoughts, non-Biblical claims, seeing Jesus, visions, soul searches, spiritual laws, cosmic Christ’s, journeys, paths, roads, disciplines, enlightenment, visualization, and self-actualization.
And no need to worry if history doesn’t back them up they will make up their own. Confusion abounds. Where do you start? I guess whosever book you happen to pick up first will be your spiritual path until you get another book by another teacher.
These teachers basically believe everything for anybody and anything for everybody and everybody goes to heaven. But the Bible says “Thanks be unto God for his marvelous grace.” Why grace? Because we needed grace, God’s free gift of salvation, not a journey, or a spiritual path, or enlightenment.
- They claim the Bible backs up their teaching.
You can find one verse to support about any teaching. That is called using a text to say what YOU want it to say. But the Bible will not back up their claims about the church or that Jesus is a guru. Jesus is the Savior. They take what they want from the Bible to back up their position and trust that no one will check up on them.
Or they don’t really know what the Bible says and don’t care if something contradicts their teaching. They can explain any so called contradiction by playing the progressive card. “We have progressed culturally since the Bible was written.” Or they can use the “this is what they meant to say” card in explaining texts that seem to contradict their teaching.
- They get rich!
The “new” teachers sell millions of books and recordings. Look at their websites, fancy and expensive. All to lure you just like a used car salesman. The Bible doesn’t try to sell you something but tries give you the free gift of salvation. Salvation is free but it cost God His only begotten Son.
The Bible tries to tell you that you will be persecuted, hated and despised if you follow Jesus. Not exactly a good sales tactic.
But may I ask what price have “new” teachers paid? Have they been any help to the mourning? Have they been any help to the suffering? Have they been any help to the sinner? Have they gone out on a rainy Tuesday night to give comfort to the sick? Have they gone out to the poor and wicked to give them the gospel at great risk of harm? Have they traveled to foreign countries to give the gospel and aid to those who have never heard of Jesus? Have they been burned at the stake or had their heads cut off? Who does this? Only the true church of Jesus Christ is willing to sacrifice wealth and worldly goods.
Have “new” teachers been any help to the cause of Christ and His beloved Church? Not really, since they don’t support a Bible believing church it would seem that all they can do is harm the Church and destroy the faith of many.
Remember “It is appointed to man once to die and then the judgment.” Hebrews 9:27 “What is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his soul.” Matthew 16:26
A final word.
People who leave the church because it is too strict or too fundamental or as Jim Palmer puts it in his book “Inner Anarchy” “take down that story once and for all so we can get to the true message and spirit of Jesus, and a real plan of action to birth a new world” have to consider that many have died for their belief in the true Biblical Jesus.
So did all of those thousands upon thousands who have given their lives for Jesus for the past 2,000 years do it for nothing! Jim Palmer believes they died for nothing because in the 21st century we are going to “take down that story once and for all so we can get the true message and spirit of Jesus.” So they died for a lie?
Didn’t most all believers in the Biblical Jesus die for refusing to water down or change the gospel message? Didn’t they die for refusing to “take the gospel down” to the worldly level? Thousands have made the ultimate sacrifice for preaching and teaching that Jesus is the only way to God. Christ plus nothing was their cry. And they died gladly rather than “take down that story.”
These brave, courageous Christians have been burned, hanged, crucified, beaten, tortured, humiliated, raped, decapitated, shot, stabbed, and hacked to death for the Lord Jesus for the past two thousand years. And still courageous Christians die every day.
But “new” teachers quit the church. Why? Some quit because when they would teach the true word of God people got angry at them. They didn’t like it when some objected to the truth. They felt that they were rejected, so they watered it down to get more people to accept it. Remember when Samuel was upset and felt rejected because they did not heed his word from the Lord? 1 Samuel 8:7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
It seems to make these “new” teachers sad that God requires repentance from sin and faith in Christ alone for salvation. That is too exclusive for them. Remember how upset that Jonah was when God asked him to preach repentance to the Ninivites? He didn’t want to and he ran and you know what happened after that. God wants His preachers preaching the gospel and His teachers teaching the Bible not the ideas and philosophy’s of man.
And they seem to misuse the word salvation. Why should we be saved when everyone already is? It frustrated them that the church was unbending and uncompromising in the word of God. Some of them are sincere is their efforts to help people. But do we compromise in order to give people we love a false hope? For example, today Jim Palmer is going to give us the “true message of Jesus, a real plan of action,” never mind the millions that have suffered and the thousands that have died for the old message of Jesus, the true message of Jesus, the true gospel.
The gospel as given by the Bible is the truth, the only truth, the absolute truth! Truth doesn’t change because we don’t like it. Absolute Truth is THE truth and Absolute Truth comes from only one source….the God of the Bible! He alone is the God of creation and the God of redemption. People will die for the truth. Not many will die for what they know is a lie. Jesus said “thy word is truth.” Jesus even said “I am the way and the truth.” Truth we have discovered is in a person and that person is Jesus Christ. Jesus is truth because He was sent from the God of ALL TRUTH therefore Jesus Himself is ALL the TRUTH of God. He is God revealed in flesh and taken up to glory!
How many will die for Jim Palmer’s new truths? Well, you don’t have to die because everybody gets in! Every saint, sinner, thief, murderer, Catholic, Jew, Hindu, Bhuddist, gay or straight person gets to heaven and no one has to be hurt. You don’t have to die for your faith anymore, you don’t have to be persecuted, you don’t have to stand for anything, just be the person their god made you and everything will be okay in the end.
The “new” teachers seem to lack the spiritual fortitude and courage for the preaching of the gospel which cost so many Biblical Christians so much today and in times past. They think that courage to them means to stand against the church today! And if I might add it is not courageous to take on that which God loves but foolish! Yes, we know the church is not perfect and we constantly criticize those churches that have compromised truth but the true church that believes the gospel and teaches the Bible is the church Jesus loves.
Because the “new” teaches don’t like the true church today it gives them reason to deny the truth in order to take a stand against that blood stained gospel preaching true church.
It would cost them too much to change now I guess. Look at the many of those who have refused to take a stand on what the Bible says about homosexuality, abortion and even Islam. Why? It appears they are afraid of what others might think and may not like them for it.
But they aren’t afraid to take on the Bible believing Church are they? It’s strange isn’t it? They have to have some courage to break free from traditional paths. They have courage to disparage the church…… but not society morals and norms where most people even so- called Christians are at today. So if they buck the church they aren’t bucking modern society, the media, and social media.
But this is a time when I believe God is weeding out the weak, nonbelieving and fearful in his church. Never before has there been a time to stand up and be counted for the Bible and the true church as today.
The weak kneed and faint of heart need not apply. This is a time to heed the cry of our God to Isaiah in 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Not to beat a dead horse but the “new’ teachers don’t seem to like the church because it has fundamental rules of faith and doctrine. And I agree that the Bible is very strict and narrow minded and so is the church if they live by the word of God. The true church exposes that there is only one way to get to heaven and that’s through Jesus Christ alone and the church lives by that truth.
Let me add that the “new” teachers aren’t fond of doctrine either. The Bible has doctrine because there are things we need to know to grow stronger in the Lord and things to avoid so that we do not sin and disappoint the Lord. But “new” teachers don’t care if the Biblical Jesus likes them or not. They are too busy trying to please the inner Jesus of self, another Jesus as described by the apostle Paul.
But everyone, everywhere can come through Jesus. No one in the whole world is excluded. “As many as received Him to them made He to become the sons of God.” John 1 “Whoseover shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
Will God judge these “new”teachers and their followers who try to mess with His church? What do you think? I beg you….. check out these “new” teachers. They sound great. But remember rat poison is 99% nutritious!
Be a Berean. Check them out. Anyone who follows these people God will not hold him guiltless for following their lies. We are responsible for our own selves. We can’t blame someone else for our actions. Philippians 2:12 “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ]. Are you being careful to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit Christ?
But know one thing for sure….God will not allow anyone to destroy His church and the gospel message.
The Lord warned the church in Revelation 2:20-23 “Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.”
1 Kings 16:31 “Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him.” Baal is a false teaching. Jezebel led the nation into worshipping this false god and false teaching by cutting off the prophets. She stopped the truth of God being proclaimed and promoted the false teaching of Baal. Isn’t that what the “new” teachers are doing today? They want to marginalize the preaching of the word of God and promote the false teaching of Baal.
Dear one please, Jesus will restore you if you will turn to Him. I plead with you to do this for your life depends upon it.
Should Churches get involved with Ecumenicalism and Social concerns?
Jesus’ identification of His disciples as salt and light in the world is straightforward and has been the source of much contemplation throughout the years concerning what the followers of the Lord are to be like. Interpreting what Jesus said in Matthew 5:13-16 in general is not difficult. Most would agree with New Testament scholar William Hendriksen who writes, “Salt, then, has especially a negative function. It combats deterioration. Similarly Christians, by showing themselves to be Christians indeed, are constantly combating moral and spiritual decay… Light, on the other hand, has a positive function and shines openly, publicly.”
The specific application is where things get sticky. As noted above, many are interpreting this text to mean that believers are to engage culture through political involvement and social action. Most commentators, who are simply addressing the text with no agenda to push, do not agree. Hendriksen writes,
Now since it is the business of the church to shine for Jesus, it should not permit itself to be thrown off its course. It is not the task of the church to specialize in and deliver all kinds of pronouncements concerning economic, social, and political problems… The primary duty of the church remains the spreading forth of the message of salvation, that the lost may be found (Luke 15:4; 1 Cor 9:16, 22; 10:33), those found may be strengthened in the faith (Eph 4:15; 1 Thess 3:11-13; 1 Pet 2:2; 2 Pet 3:18), and God may be glorified (John 17:4; 1 Cor 10:31).
Respected preacher Martin Lloyd-Jones states, “The great hope for society today is in an increasing number of individual Christians. Let the church of God concentrate on that and not waste her time and energy on matters outside her providence.” A. W. Pink agrees, “Spiritually the world is in darkness (2 Pet 1:19) and sits in the shadow of death (Matt 4:16)… By their [the believers’] preaching ignorance is to be exposed, that their hearers may be‘turned from darkness to light’ (Acts 26:18).” And commentator R. T. France adds,
It is only as this distinctive lifestyle is visible to others that it can have its desired effect. But that effect is also now spelled out not as the improvement and enlightenment of society as such, but rather as the glorifying of God by those outside the disciple community. The subject of this discourse, and the aim of the discipleship which it promotes, is not so much the betterment of life on earth as the implementation of the reign of God. The goal of disciples’ witness is not that others emulate their way of life, or applaud their probity, but that they recognize the source of their distinctive lifestyle in “your Father in heaven.”
It is also instructive to note what Jesus did not do. He healed some sick, but not all. He healed many in His immediate presence, but He established no hospitals or clinics, nor did He eradicate sickness in Israel, or on earth, although it was in His power to do so. Jesus fed up to 5000 people on occasion but He did not start a soup kitchen or breadline. He paid special attention to the poor but He did not relieve their debt or set them up in small businesses or give them loans. Jesus loved widows and orphans but did not establish a home for either. Whether Christian agencies should be established for these concerns today is another matter, but it would be going beyond both the instruction of Scripture and the example of Christ (or His apostles later in the New Testament history) to claim that we are to do so today because of what Jesus did while on earth. Jesus neither commanded us to do such things nor did He do them Himself.
- A. Carson writes, “It is hard to ignore the many injunctions of Scripture to do good, to be concerned with matters of justice to show mercy, to care for the poor, to be concerned with matters of justice. [Yet] If all such responsibilities belong to the church as a church, to the church as an institution, then surely the leaders of the church… should take responsibility for them and direct them. But what we find in the New Testament is that the initial leaders, the apostles, were careful to carve out for themselves the primacy of teaching the Word of God and prayer (Acts 6:2).”
Michael Horton is insightful when he writes, “Terrorism, global warming, and AIDS are problems we need to address as responsible human beings together with non-Christians in our common life together… However, the Great Commission is not the Great Cultural Mandate… If we could resolve our top ten crises in the world today, we would still have the devil on our back, sin mastering our heart, and everlasting death as the penalty for our mutiny.”
David Wells agrees, “Churches that actually do influence the culture – here is the paradox – distance themselves from it in their internal life. They do not offer what can already be had on secular terms in the culture. They are an alternative to it.” Wells calls for the church to be sola Scriptura as opposed to sola cultura.
Charles Ryrie writes, “The Christian’s primary responsibilities are evangelism and godly living. Through witnessing he changes people; through godly living he does affect society; and through private and public obedience he honors God.”
Kevin DeYoung and Greg Gilbert in their newly released book What Is the Mission of the Church? are concerned “that in all our passion for renewing the city or tackling social problems, we run the risk of marginalizing the one thing that makes Christian mission Christian: namely, making disciples of Jesus Christ.” They maintain the mission of the church is found in the Great Commission passages, “We believe the church is sent into the world to witness to Jesus by proclaiming the gospel and making disciples of all nations. This is our task. This is our unique and central calling.”
And John MacArthur adds, “When people look to the church to end poverty, halt human trafficking, bring drinking water to Africa, or cure AIDS, they are looking in the wrong place. The church is not commissioned to do any of these tasks.”
Jesus showed compassion to the poor and sick and disenfranchised. He ate with these people, healed their diseases and gave them the gospel (Matt 9:36-38). But it is important to remember that Jesus healed people primarily as a sign pointing to who He was (Matt 9:6; John 20:30). And while Jesus showed personal compassion to such people, He also did not set up or authorize any campaigns dealing with injustice, world hunger, orphanages, hospitals, anti-poverty programs, or the like. This was not because He presumably did not care, but because these things were not His mission (Luke 19:10) and could possibly be a distraction to His followers. Later when Jesus commissioned His disciples, He did not send them forth to heal the world’s problems but to make disciples and to teach people to obey God (Matt 28:20). But this begs the question as to what commandments the disciples were to obey and teach. The best approach to discovering what these commandments are is to examine the examples of the early Christians, especially as found in the book of Acts, and through study of the direct teachings primarily found in the epistles.
In the book of Acts we find the believers coming together for instruction in the apostles’ teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread and prayer, and scattering to evangelize (Acts 2:41-42). A major task of the early Christians was to establish churches (13:1-3), but there are no examples of early Christians attempting to transform or create culture, or influence the political system in a direct way. Nor do we find them organizing programs to feed the hungry of the world or to right social injustices. Almost all of their attention was on evangelizing the lost as well as the spiritual life and physical needs of the believing community.
The teachings drawn from the epistles focus on establishing truth, combating error, correcting false living and leading Christians into godliness. The subject of society is seldom addressed, but when it is the emphasis is on being excellent representatives of Christ to the world (salt and light) (Rom 13:1-7; 1 Pet 2:11-15; Titus 3:1). Specifically, Christians were taught to take care of their (Christians’) poor (Acts 6:1-7; I Timothy 5:3-16; 1 John 3:17; James 2:15-17), handle their own legal differences (1 Cor 6:1-8), and discipline their rebellious people (1 Cor 5). But they were not instructed to take care of society’s poor, handle its legal issues or discipline its sinners. In addition they were to treat their employees fairly (James 5:1-4). Passages such as 1 John 3:17 and James 2:15-17 could have implications for the treatment of unbelievers, but since the rest of the New Testament instruction is directed almost exclusively toward treatment of believers, it seems best to apply these verses primarily to Christians as well.
In the New Testament we find the church as a body (an institution) coming together to worship God, receive the instruction of the Word (2 Tim 3:16-17) and the Lord’s Supper (1 Cor 11:17-34), and participating in body life (1 Cor 12). The Scriptures are clear that God’s people must do good, show mercy, care for the poor, and be concerned with matters of justice in every aspect of society. But there is never any indication that the church as an institution is to see this as its task. If it were to do so, then surely the leaders of the church (elders/deacons) should take responsibility for them and direct them. “But,” as Carson notes, “what we find in the New Testament is that the initial leaders, the apostles, were careful to carve out for themselves the primacy of teaching the Word of God and prayer (Acts 6:2). Even matters of justice within the congregation were in some measure handed over to other Spirit-filled men (Acts 6:1-7). When the distinctive duties of elders are canvassed, the priority of the ministry of the Word and prayer is paramount,” not organizing community and social outreaches.
What this brief overview of the New Testament shows is that the church, as the church, is never given the task of transforming or creating culture. Its sole biblical mandate to the world was, and is, to make disciples. Christians as individuals are to be salt and light in our world which may take many forms. Individual believers may very well be involved, alongside the unbeliever and within biblical parameters, in politics, social action and protecting God’s creation. Much variety on the cultural level is allowed by our Lord. But it must not be minimized that the New Testament example and precept is that followers of Christ are to disciple people for Him which includes evangelism and training in obedience.
What then is the mission of the church? This is the question at the root of current evangelical debates about social engagement. Is the mission of the church to address all of the needs of all people, or is it more limited in scope? It is currently popular to understand the mission of the church as that of evangelization, discipleship, meeting the needs of both believers and unbelievers and transforming society. But when we draw our marching orders from the New Testament rather than the culture (sola Scriptura rather than sola cultura as Wells frames it), it becomes clear that the task of the church is to take the gospel to the ends of the earth, making disciples of all who come to Christ (Matt 28:18-20) and caring for the needy who become part of the body of Christ (1 Tim 5:16; Gal 2:10). Broader social action is not expressly prohibited, and certainly should be of concern for all God’s people as citizens of earth, but it should not be equated with these two essential obligations.
The drug problems in Martin County or any county in Eastern Kentucky are a symptom of a greater problem. Why would God deliver us from drugs and help us take our county back when just over 1 in 10 of us are in church on Sunday in Martin County and less than a third of those who attend church actually read their Bibles and have a time of prayer to God each day? We should not waste our time in a march against drugs but instead we should be marching to church each Sunday and pray there for God to help us to grow in our understanding of Him and His word. And after church we should be marching into society making disciples and teaching them to observe all things the Lord has told us. Then when more people are truly involved in true worship and prayer only then will you see God bless us because of those individuals He has changed.
Anything we do in our power and in our unity will be only temporary. The greater challenge is for the church to be the church and for people to be a part of that movement and not any other movement. We cannot rid the world of a certain sin when we haven’t dealt with our own sins. And the far greater problem in Martin County than drug addiction is empty churches on Sunday. We distract ourselves from our real purpose when we get involved in ecumenical movements and compromising doctrine. Wouldn’t it be better for us to focus in on doctrine and teaching the word of God and raising disciples in our own churches than chasing after ecumenical movements and their social watered down gospel?
In Martin County there are as far as tell about 40 Churches. Martin County has a population of 12,743. There are around ten churches that have more than 100 in attendance each service in Martin County. Most have 50 or less. And many have less than 25. Let’s say the average church attendance is 50. And that might be a little high but let’s go with that. 50 times 40 churches equals 2,000. Martin County weekly church attendance of 2,000 divided by Martin County Population of 12,743 equals 15.69 percent. That means that only 15 per cent of the people of Martin County are in church each Sunday morning!
That means that only about one and a half in ten our of our citizens go to church each Sunday Morning! Almost every church has a mid-week service. I ‘m not even going to talk about those dismal attendance numbers.
Now how many of those who go to church on Sunday read their Bibles each day? How many of those have a time each day dedicated to reading God’s word and spending quality time with God in prayer? Statistics tell us that only one in five church attendees read the Bible daily. So that’s twenty percent of 2,000 which equals 400. So only about 400 people in Martin County read the Bible each day!
I apologize for all of the statistics. But these numbers are very interesting and damning at the same time.
Why do I bring this up? What is the big deal? Well the funny thing is that we wonder why we have a drug problem in Martin County? We wonder why we have family issues in Martin County? We wonder why the economy is so bad in Martin County? We wonder why jobs have left Martin County? We wonder we have so many problems in our county?
85 percent, The vast, vast majority of Martin countians won’t spend one hour a week to give God the praise and honor and glory for which He is worthy. We won‘t take the time to meet with others to give worship to the God who created us..…and then to make matters worse….we don’t even read the Bible or spend time in prayer to the God who loved us and saved us from our sins……and then we expect God to be help us with our problems? We expect God to bless our county? You’ve got to be kidding me! And it’s just not Martin County these statistics are true all over eastern Kentucky and Western West Virginia. And these numbers are even worse nationwide!
Our greatest need is not better government. Our greatest need is not better health care. Our greatest need is not a better economy. Our greatest need is not social action. Our greatest need is not better law enforcement. None of these can compare to our greatest need. For our greatest need is a Savior. We have all sinned against a holy God! God gave us a Savior Jesus Christ. God gave us everything we need in Jesus Christ! But most of us continue to look else where for answers. We get sidetracked into thinking that if worldly needs are met then everything will be alright. So we skip church because it’s not relevant to our problems. We skip reading the Bible and praying to God and replace Him with our own ideas and plans! That’s the lie of the devil! What is a man profited if he gain the whole world and lose his soul? Matthew 16:26
People have told me that they don’t attend church because churches don’t do anything. What do they mean by that? What they mean is that churches aren’t involved in social action to make a better society. Is that what God wants? Is not a gathering of people to worship the God who created us and gave us every breathe of life not the greatest activity anyone ever could be involved in? Is God only interested in a better society? Does God want us to put all of our efforts in this fallen world? Or is God interested in us knowing Him and truly finding joy, power and purpose in this life? Is not the great commission of the church in Matthew 28:19-20 to make disciples and to teach them to observe all things that the Lord has taught us? Then is the goal of the church to make society better or to make disciples and therefore make society better because you have Godly people in that society? I think the latter is true.
What is the answer? That’s pretty plain to see my friends. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33 God will help us in all of our needs if we will first give Him glory and honor and give our lives to Him.
How can we think that God will bless our county until we start blessing God. Why do we think that God will show up to help us when we won’t show up to worship Him? I dare to say that empty pews are the root of the problems in Martin County, our region, our state, our nation and the world!
Why We Do NOT believe in Evolution
The belief in evolution is not an auxiliary belief attached to the Bible; instead, creation is the logical conclusion of a clear reading and understanding of Genesis in its intended form—that is, as an historical narrative. This historical narrative, which was given to humanity by the infallible Creator, is the basis and foundation upon which a biblical worldview is based.
Based upon the biblical account, there are seven main tenets of creation:
1) the triune God of the Bible created the earth, the universe, and all life around 6,000 years ago (some allow for a range of 6,000–10,000 years old);
2) humanity rebelled against God, and God removed some of His sustaining power, which led to death and suffering (the Curse);
3) a year-long global catastrophe (the worldwide Flood) 4,000–5,000 years ago destroyed all land life not aboard Noah’s Ark and much of the sea life (evidenced by the fossil record);
4) God judged humanity by causing a confusion of languages at the Tower of Babel, giving rise to the various people groups around the world;
5) Jesus Christ (God made flesh) was conceived by the Holy Spirit and physically born of a virgin over 2,000 years ago;
6) Christ died on the Cross and rose to life again to make a way for humanity to be restored to God; and
7) Christ will one day return to judge the earth (the consummation).
Creation is based on the Bible alone and science confirms it. The order of events occured exactly they way they are outlined in Genesis chapters 1-11.
If God is as we see Him described in the Bible then we should no problem believing that He is the Creator!
Some try to put evolution and creation together to explain things. They say that God used evolution to create the world. But I don’t believe we can put creation and evolution together in any way. They are both opposed to one another.
The word evolution or Darwinism means “the natural process by which all life derived from a single ancestor,” and is referred to as “theory,” and “fact.”
Evolution implies “that the processes we can observe in the present “prove” that the processes we cannot observe in the past must have happened as well (e.g., the change of dinosaurs into birds). In fact, the term evolution can also be used to denote the philosophy of naturalism, which depends upon unobserved events in the past (including in astronomy, chemistry, and geology).
Evolutionists claim it is established in the fossil record.
It seems that the evolutionists are ashamed of God and the creation story in the Bible. And the public has bought into it also. You have heard of the creation museum in northern Kentucky near Cincinnati. It is a state of the art facility that has way over 1 million visitors since it opened a few years ago. You would think that the area would publicize it and promote it. On the contrary….Cincinnati never says one word about it in their publications about visiting Cincinnati.
Wikepedia in listing all the parks and things of interest in Kentucky does not mention the creation museum even once. It totally ignores the creation museum but it mentions the Kentucky speedway in northern Kentucky, and Applebee park in Lexington…… but no mention of the creation museum. Man is ashamed of God and the creation story. They are ashamed of Genesis 1-11. The audacity of man! Jesus said whoever is ashamed of me I will be ashamed of….. Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Why is man ashamed of the creation story in Genesis 1-11? It totally undermines the glory of man. Genesis 1-11 totally puts it all on God and man then must be accountable to God. And even though we know it in our hearts we will not give God glory and praise. Jesus said O Jerusalem, Jerusalem How I would have gathered you as a hen gathers her chicks BUT YOU WOULD NOT! Man will not serve God even if it becomes obvious. Lazarus was obviously raised from the dead. Everyone knew that he was dead and Jesus raised him. Instead of praising Jesus they crucified Him. Everyone knows today that Jesus rose from the dead. But still today we crucify Him instead of praising Him.
What are you going to do? Obey God or men? Where do you stand? You can’t be on the fence. Are you ashamed of God? Are you ashamed of the Bible? Are you disappointed in Jesus? Then my friend you can have it that way. You can ignore God and ignore His cross and Ignore His love and forgiveness and die and be apart from God forever and ever! That’s called Hell and the lake of fire. One person said “that’s not fair that God would send people to hell.” If man is so great why can’t he create a better place then hell? If man is so great why can’t he come up with a better place to be apart from God? The truth is Jesus said “without me ye can do nothing.”
God created everything. Man has created nothing. God in is mercy gave us hell so we would not be destroyed and cease to exist. God let’s us live and have what we wanted…a life a part from Him.
Is that what you want? Why not believe by faith what God has done. You weren’t there. You don’t know what happened at creation. God has laid out for us so that we may understand. Why not trust Him with what we don’t know…… and believe what we do know. That Jesus died for our sins. That Jesus wants to be our Savior from ourselves and our destiny of hell. It makes sense to follow Christ who we do know than to follow the uncertain path of man.
The argument from creation is that the fossil record estabishes that there was a global flood. The only way you can have fossils is when
Page 5 continued 25
Live creatures are buried in mud quickly.
Evolution? If we descended from apes why are their still apes? If we came out of primortal ooze….why would a creature do such a thing? Why would a creature that has always been blind ever develop an eye?
Evolution has gaps in processes and missing links. Evolution has huge gaps in time, many unfounded theories, and actually more questons than answers! There is even much disagreement among Evolutionists.
The Bible on the other hand makes an orderly account for these things in Genesis 1-11. The answers to where we came from and where we are going are given to us in the Bible. We don’t have to guess.
Let’s look at Acts 5:27 and 28. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.
The disciples got in trouble because they healed the crippled man. They gave all the glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. Every time you do work for the cause and glory of Christ you will have men who will hate that. Man hates that which makes them aware that they are accountable to God. Men hate that which puts them in subjection to God. Men hate not to be the master of their destiny. The Jewish council did not want to see their old ways changed. They thought they were defending God but instead they found they were fighting against God as Gamelial predicted in verses 38 and 39 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought. 39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
But men don’t care to fight against God. They want to fight God. They want to get rid of God. They have developed their own religion called Evolution that undermines God in every way.
I dare to says that if you don’t believe all the aspects of creation in Genesis 1-11 then you are fighting against God.
Genesis 1-11says God made the world in six literal days. Not six eons. Not six million or billion years. Six Days period! Adam and Eve saw the first death when animals were killed so their skin could cover their sin. Abel was the first human to die. If there were millions of years or billions of years for each day there would have been death before Abel. Genesis 1-11 says sin and death started with Adam and Eve’s sin and rebellion.
Genesis 1-11 says there was a global flood. How do you get animals that are buried almost in their tracks? How do you get fossils? Things are buried quickly. That speaks of global flood. How do you get the Grand Canyon? A global flood with powerful currents and unbelievable destruction. This global flood was not a casual rising and lowering of the water. There were waves, flash floods, landscapes being changed forever. Fierce storms , winds and rushing water. It was catastrophic.
Genesis 1-11 says that God made the stars. Well we know that stars are billions of years old don’t we? Well there is no proof that the stars are old at all. As a matter of fact the few stars that we have observed are alive and well….burning as though they were just created. They are not burning out. Scientists have actually not observed one instance of a burned out star but have incorrectly called dead stars that are actually dead planets. Astronomers admit that they know very little about the universe. We know very little about the vacuum of space. Scientists admit that light travels at different speeds in a vacuum. Scientists admit that the light we see from stars may not be the actual light from those stars. The more they see the less they understand our universe.
Yet these doubts don’t make it into our textbooks. The truth is we don’t know because we weren’t there as Ken Ham says. If we weren’t there then we can never really know. But God has given the order of creation to us because He was There! It’s all in Genesis 1-11. Genesis 1-11 is a matter of authority. If you believe in the authority of God and He is the creator then you take Genesis 1-11 as it is. If you don’t believe or will not submit to the authority of God as creator then naturally you are going to refute Genesis 1-11.
So men came up with Evolution because it gives them the one thing that God does not give them. TIME.
God says six days men say six billion years.
God says I created man on the sixth day. Man says we climbed out of primordial soup and over a period of six billion years and became a man gradually over time.
God says man was made in the image of God immediately with glory and honor. Man says that we were evolved from lower species over billions of years.
God says that He flooded the earth in 40 days and man came out of the ark after almost one year to a totally changed world. Man says that the world has been here for six billion years and all these changes have been over these billions of years.
God says animals were created after there “kind” or species. Man says we all came from one common ancester and we evolved into birds, dogs, elephants, monkeys and man over billions of years.
God says what He says in the Bible with 40 authors 66 books and 1600 years because He was there. Man says what he says in evolution with billions of years and millions of claims that are unfounded because he was not there.
That is why I like to use the term “Creator” when referring to God. A creator does things in order with purpose and intent. As creator this distinguishes Him from all other “gods.” As creator that puts Him totally above man or any man made gods. For as the creator that makes Him all powerful! Only the creator can make something from nothing. As creator He made order and reason in the universe. Only a creator could make order in the universe out of chaos. Therefore as the creator He knows how everything is made and fits together and how everything will turn out.
As creator everything He made is good. But the earth and man are in a fallen state. You’ve heard the question “why do bad things happen to good people?” But we should actually say “why do good things happen to bad people?” The Bible says that there is none good but one and that is God. Why does God allow any good thing to come to those who are fallen and sinful like us? It is because He is creator and wants to redeem His creation and loves His creation. God is so gracious and kind to us.
As we think about creation of things it’s most important to know where one is going ….not just where he came from. Where are you going to be 100 years from now? Dead decaying tissue? Or will you be as the Bible describes “made alive Christ Jesus.” “So shall we ever be with the Lord.”
We are talking about life here….my life, your life. If God is creator then we must come to Him on His terms not on ours.
Here are God’s terms. Mankind has a problem called sin. It has separated man from His creator spiritually. God is good and we are sinful. If we are going to know our God then we must become clean and sinless like Him. That’s why God sent His only begotten Son who knew no sin to become sin for us, to take our punishment for sin and therefore give us His righteousness.
How can mankind recieve this great gift of salvation from sin and our fallen state? We must believe in Christ’s death on the cross for our sins. Then each one of us must personally ask the Lord to forgive us for our own sins. Trust in Jesus and He will forgive you your fallen, sinful state and give you life everlasting. That’s why it matters to know where you came from. It matters because you matter to God!
An important point here. What you believe about creation does NOT determine your eternal destiny. What you believe about Jesus Christ determines eternal life. Trusting in Jesus Christ saves you, not believing in creationism. But….if you are a Christian and you don’t believe in creation as the Bible describes it, it undermines the truth of the Bible to your family, your children, your friends and your church. It says if you can’t trust Genesis chapters 1-11 then can you trust John 3:16? If you can’t trust all of Gods word can you trust any of it? Can we trust all of God’s word from Genesis 1 to the end of Revelation as God’s inspired, inerrant word? I believe we can and I emphatically declare that we should trust God’s word as life, light and truth for all of mankind.
Jack S Ward
Check out these Websites for more information on creation:
Answers in Genesis
Institute for Creation research
Creation Training Institute
Dr. Cal Beisner, the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation…cornwallalliance.org
The Man of Sin 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
The AntiChrist, the man of sin, the Beast, the Evil one, the Devil incarnate all these terms describe a man who will appear on the scene one day and usher in the most evil time in world history. He will make Hitler look like a choir boy. He will make Stalin look like a boy scout in comparison.
Is he alive today? Who can he be? Where does he come from? What is his purpose.
- the Man Of Sin Must Appear Before Jesus Returns
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
After writing 1 Thessalonians, Paul had received word that the believers in Thessalonica were being misled by false teachers who were confusing the believers with erroneous ideas about the Second Coming. Paul’s second letter was his attempt to correct these misunderstandings. The Greek word translated gathering together is found in the New Testament only here and in Heb. 10:25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. There it refers to the local congregation, while here it is the congregation of the whole church.
This will be the first time the whole church, including every believer, will be gathered before the Lord to worship Him. The phrase seems to refer to the event described in 1 Thess. 4:17, where Paul speaks of meeting the Lord in the air. The false teaching was that the day of the Lord (called the day of here, had already come. 1 Thess. 5:2–4For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.) They were considering the tribulations they were experiencing. Thus, some Thessalonian believers thought the Second Coming had passed them by. Paul states that they were not to believe such teaching, whether by spirit or by word or by letter, as though it had come from him.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
When Paul wrote 1 Thessalonians, the believers were in danger of losing hope in the Second Coming. In this letter, Paul was correcting the opposite extreme—that Jesus had already come. Paul restores balance to the church by describing some of the major events that would precede the day of the Lord (see 1 Thess. 5:1–11), in particular the falling away, and the revealing of the man of sin. The falling away, Paul declared, must come first.
The Greek term translated falling away commonly means a military rebellion. But in the Scriptures, the word is used of rebellion against God. Thus some have interpreted this verse to refer to a general defection from the truth during this time. This rebellious apostasy would prepare the way for the Antichrist. Others translate the term as departure and understand it to be a reference to the Rapture. That is to say, the man of sin cannot be revealed until Christ comes to take His church to be with Him. As far as the word itself is concerned, it could refer to a spiritual departure (falling away), or it could refer to a physical departure (the Rapture). Whichever way one understands it, it is an event that occurs before the man of sin is revealed.
Interestingly Paul does not use the title Antichrist for this man, but his description of him parallels John’s description of the Antichrist (1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. In Rev. 13 has a detailed description of him calling him the beast. The man of sin will lead the world into rebellion against God (v. 10), perform wonders through Satan’s power (v. 9), and finally will present himself as a god to be worshiped (v. 4).
We do not know where he will come from. Some think he must be from Europe. Some think he will be a Muslim. Muslim nations are too anti-semitic. They would never go into the temple but to the mosque. Muslims are to factional. They can’t get along with each other enough to get a great world wide leader.
Some think he will be Jewish. I believe he will be from Europe or that area. He cannot be a Jew because he would not defame the temple. He cannot be Muslim because they are not that smart. Some think he is Obama. But I don’t believe that Obama is the anti-Christ. He will be someone like Tony Blair in that he will have charm, personality and charisma. He must be a European to bring the world together. The most powerful economy in the world right now is the European Union and it’s getting stronger every day. He could be from Russia. A man like Vladamir Putin could be be the anti-Christ. He might have a military backgroundin order to gather forces to battle.
I believe that definitely he is alive today. He may be a boy or a young man. He may be a leader in waiting that we don’t know much about. He could be a leader today that we know.
Bottom line is that the anti-christ will appear before Jesus returns. To bring sin to its full measure so that God can judge this world once and for all and pave the way for the Lord Jesus to come and rule and reign in peace and prosperity.
- He will Be Worshipped
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
The man of sin will proclaim himself to be divine and will sit in the temple of God, acting as if he is a god. Many leaders in history have called themselves gods, and the Antichrist is the final declaration of that blasphemy. He will tolerate no one else being worshiped but himself. Rev. 13:6–8). And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Note the contrasts between the true God and the Antichrist. Though many men have wanted to be gods, the true God became a man, humbled Himself, and redeemed us through the shedding of His own blood. The One who deserves all worship and praise does not command worship but instead came to this world as a servant. In contrast, the one who deserves only contempt presents himself as a god. The man of sin will probably stand in a physical temple in Jerusalem, to declare himself to be god, the ultimate fulfillment of the “abomination of desolation” spoken of by Daniel (Dan. 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.; Daniel 9:26, And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.; Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate., Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done., Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.; Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 3 ½ years.)
Jesus quoted Daniel in Matt. 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,; and in Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:). These prophecies may have been partially fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes erected a pagan altar to Zeus in the temple in Jerusalem in 167 b.c. (175–164 b.c.), or when Titus destroyed the temple in a.d. 70. Others have interpreted Paul’s reference to the temple of God as a reference to the church. In other words, the man of sin will attempt to divert the church’s true worship of God to himself.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
Do you not remember:
Paul reminds the Thessalonians of his previous teaching about the Second Coming, confirmed in his first letter to them (1 Thess. 4:13–5:11).
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
already at work: The evil and deception that the man of sin embodies already exist in this world. John states that there are many antichrists presently at work ( 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.). Anyone who opposes Christ and His church and seeks to deceive others into worshiping false gods is against Christ, and in that case is an antichrist.
he who now letteth will let or He who now restrains: There was a good reason why the man of sin had not been revealed. The present restrainer, probably the Spirit of God, had to be taken out of the world. God has restrained sin in the world through the power of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit works directly through the Bible, godly people, and His holy angels to advance God’s kingdom and restrain evil.
Some have interpreted taken out of the way in this verse as a reference to the Rapture, for the church cannot exist without the Spirit’s presence. Thus the removal of the church through the Rapture will be in effect the removal of all restraint on the power of sin in this world. There are a variety of other interpretations for this verse and the identity of the restrainer. The Roman state, the emperor of Rome, Paul’s missionary work, the Jewish state, or the principle of law and government embodied in the state have all been proposed as the restrainer of lawlessness
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
- He has Great Power
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Although the man of sin will be revealed as extremely powerful (Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.), he will be destroyed by Christ and cast into the lake of fire when the Lord comes (Rev. 19:19, 20 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.).
The power, signs, and lying wonders of the lawless one will be overshadowed by the glory and brightness of Christ in His Second Coming. It is significant that Satan, in order to promote his lie at the end of the age and pass himself off as a god, will use the same kind of power, signs, and wonders that the Spirit of Christ used at the beginning of the age to authenticate the truth about Himself as God (see 2 Cor. 12:12; Heb. 2:4). (2:8; 1 Tim. 1:9; 2 Pet. 2:8) The Greek word anomos literally means “without law.” Thus this word is depicting the “man of rebellion.” Just as Christ embodies righteousness, so the “man of lawlessness” will embody rebellion against God’s righteous law. This figure is probably the same person described by John as “the Antichrist” (1 John 4:2, 3Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
He is also described as “the beast” (Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.). With his open defiance of the sovereign Ruler of the universe, this man is the embodiment of evil and the great opponent of Christ and His kingdom.
4 He Leads a Rebellion Against God
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
They will believe what is false. They will believe through an satanic influence called a strong delusion to make them believe what is false. It’s like they will receive proof that the false is true through false miracles, false prophecies coming true, false power being displayed and false blessing upon people so that instead of being confused they will be persuaded to believe what is false. Just like God started the church with signs and wonders to convince people of the truth…. the anti-christ will have signs and wonders to convince people of what is not truth.
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. Unbelievers will share the condemnation of those who rejected the truth and took pleasure in their own unrighteousness. Rejection of the truth of the gospel always results in condemnation. Even those who never hear the gospel can reject the revelation of God in nature (Rom. 1:18–21).
There is no excuse for falling for what is false teaching. These people should have accepted Christ while they had the chance. The problem is that if you think you can outsmart the devil you are badly fooled. Millions upon millions will go to hell during this time. But millions will not be fooled and we see in Revelation that those who are not fooled will probably be martyred for their stand.
Bottom line is this. The man of sin is going to appear soon. The church will be gone before then in the rapture. Those who are left behind will have a terrible time of pain and torture. The best thing to do is trust Christ now while you still can.
Page 5 continued 27
Do You Consider Yourself To Be A Good Person?
James 2:10 tells us “
That whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”
One of the ten commandments is “thou shalt not lie.” Have you ever told a lie? Then you are guilty!
“Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” Have you ever taken God’s name in vain? Guilty again!
“Thou shalt not steal.”
Have you ever stolen anything no matter how small? Guilty again!
“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
At any time in your life have you failed to worship God and serve only Him? Guilty again!
“Thou shalt not Kill.” You say “now wait a minute, I know I have never done that one!” Well let’s see, have you ever hated anyone, even for a moment? John 3:15 “Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” Guilty again!
You are guilty before God of breaking the Ten Commandments. The Bible Says “the soul that sinneth it shall die.” You are condemned by God, destined to be separated from Him for all eternity.
You might say, “I don’t believe it’s going to be that way. God is all good and loves us. What about God’s mercy?”
Many years ago there was a good but tough judge who was known as “Hangin’ Harry.” His swift judgment was known throughout the west as he tried to bring law and order to this young and untamed nation.
Harry had a son he loved very much. His son was rebellious. Harry was a good father. He tried everything he could to reach out to his son and make him do right.
Over the years the two lost touch with one another. One day three horse thieves and murderers came into his courtroom. The men were found guilty. Judge Harry quickly passed the sentence… “you shall be hung at dawn.”
As the condemned men were being led out, one of the men yelled, “father, don’t you know me, I’m your son! You surely won’t hang me will you?”
Hangin’ Harry with great sadness said, “yes, I know you’re my son, I love you more than my own life, but I am bound to and by the law, even though I want to change it, the sentence must be carried out.”
The point is this: We know that a righteous and good judge in our courtrooms would not let a thief and a murderer go free. As the most righteous judge of all God can’t either!
The law of God has been set forth in the Ten Commandments so that we are without excuse for breaking God’s law.
Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him (God) from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made (man)………….. so that they (mankind) are without excuse.”
The Bible says that “without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.” This means that the law has to be satisfied and fulfilled. God is merciful but sin cannot go unpunished.
The Bible says that all mankind is in this terrible situation
because……. The Bible says in Psalms 14:2-3 “The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
Romans 3:10 “There is none righteous, no not one.”
Do you still think you are a good person?
Romans 5:19 “For as by one man’s disobedience (Adams’s) many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many be made righteous (good).”
It looks pretty bad for us. We are sinners. Condemned and unclean. But I’ve got great news! We can be declared good by God! God can declare us good when we have Jesus Christ’s righteousness (goodness) applied to our lives!
The first step is to realize that you have broken God’s law. Your sins have separated you from God. Then you must believe that Jesus died for your sins on the cross, and that He was buried and that He rose again.
To be a good person, to have the relationship restored between you and God, you must receive Jesus Christ!
“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.” John 1:12.
John 11:25 “…he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
1 John 5:12 “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13.
Call upon Him right now! Receive the forgiveness that Jesus has provided for you by trusting in Him as your Savior!
Jack S Ward
How Do You Know When God is Speaking To A Person?
What do we mean by “speaking”?
When someone says, “God is telling me to. . .” or “God spoke to me about . . . “
or “God is speaking to us about . . .” or “God told me . . .” etc., what does that mean?
Most evangelicals agree that God’s Word speaks to us but is God speaking to us today in other ways apart from His Word? You may be praying to God about being a better servant and think of a need you can meet in someone’s life. Later you might tell someone, “I was praying and God reminded me to serve so and so.” But usually we do not mean that God orally spoke to us using articulate objective words in an ordinary understandable voice. What we do mean is something came to mind, while praying and I am going to give God the credit.
It cannot be denied that by observing objects, people, and circumstances, we
receive information from the things we observe. And so, in a way, they are “speaking to us” or giving us information. Psalm 19:1 says, The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands This is subjective revelation.
It is different than objective revelation in that our conclusions from our experiences are subjective. Subjective experiences come from us, not from an infallible objective source. One person looks at the stars and thinks of God’s great creative genius, another contemplates the “Big Bang” theory, still another sees God’s omnipotence, and others see theistic evolution. Because our experiences are subjective, they must all be evaluated by the objective Word of God. When a Christian lives by subjective revelation he opens a theological Pandora’s box. His theology is his imagination and that becomes the voice of God for him.
What do we mean by “revelation”?
General revelation is subjective revelation about God. Examples of general revelation are what we observe in creation, our conscience, or the law of God written in our hearts (Psa. 19:1-4; Rom. 1:18-20; 2:14-15). General revelation, in a theological sense, only relates to what we can learn about God outside of the Scriptures. General revelation does not apply to all forms of knowledge, only knowledge about God himself. The Scriptures teach that all men in their fallen state suppress, distort, and corrupt general revelation (John 3:19-20; Rom. 1:18-25). As believers, we can benefit from general revelation, but we must always verify the accuracy of our subjective experiences by comparing them with special revelation, i.e. the Scriptures.
But even if a believer does take his experiences to the Scripture, he has no way of knowing if his interpretation of his experiences are from God, Satan, demons, or himself. This is why we are never told in the Bible to live by general revelation or any subjective experience.
What do we mean when we say the Scriptures are sufficient?
When it comes to spiritual matters, and living one’s life for God’s glory, the
Scriptures are totally sufficient. God’s Word is the faith which was once for alldelivered to the saints (Jude 3). The Scriptures give us everything pertaining to life and godliness (II Pet. 1:3-4). God’s Word is adequate to equip us for every good work (II Tim. 3:17). The Bible says that in the last days that God has spoken to us through His Son. When Jesus was transfigured God spoke and said “this is my beloved Son here ye Him.” Mary said about Jesus “Whatever He says to you do it.” Jesus is the “word” of God. John 1:14.
So if there is anything we need to know in order to please God, or do any good workfor God, it is in the Bible. God’s Word is sufficient. It is complete; and it is the Christian’s inerrant, infallible, unchangeable source of absolute objective truth.
We only need the word of God today. God has said all that He is going to say through His word.
What do we mean by prayer?
Prayer is when we communicate to God. It can be in the form of thanksgiving, supplication, praise, and adoration. It encompasses all forms of a believer’s communication with God either verbally or in thought. But prayer is never defined as God speaking to us. When in prayer we may remember things God has spoken to us in His Word, but prayer is one way communication from us to God. When God wants to speak to us He uses the Bible and when we want to speak to God we use prayer.
The Problem with someone saying “God Spoke to me.”
So when someone says “God spoke to me”, the question to ask is, “How did God speak to you?” Are you using “to speak” metaphorically? Do you mean you had an experience and you think it was from God? Do you mean that you received revelation about God, by observing creation and what has been made, or through His law written in your heart, or through your conscience i.e., by general revelation? Was it information about God?
If you believe you have received information about God, through general revelation, you should not live by that revelation, or act on it, since it is subjective, distorted by your sin nature, and the source of what you have experienced is unverifiable. Therefore if it is not general revelation it must qualify as special revelation.
Maybe you believe God gave you special revelation. When you say, “God spoke to me,” do you mean He literally spoke? Did the Holy Spirit move you to receive the perfect inerrant Word of God? The problem with claiming to receive special revelation is that the Bible canon is closed and we cannot add to it (Deut. 4:2; 12:32; Prov. 30:5-6; Rev. 22:18-19; Jude 3). We must not follow the cults who claim to have revelation apart from the completed Biblical canon. The cults typically place their experiences above or on an equal plane with Scripture. Many cultists appeal to a superior experience. When this happens, know that experience alone can be quite misleading, no matter how intense. The truth of God’s Word must be primary, and experiences secondary. Experience should always be based on truth; truth is not determined by one’s experiences.
Hebrews 1:2 In these last days God has spoken to us through His Son. Truth is found in the word of God. It is reliable and does not change. Test everything by the word of God. This is where God is speaking to us today and forever!
Jack S Ward
Is The Bible the true word of God? Can we depend upon the word of God as God’s revealed truth?
If the Bible is not true from Genesis to Revelation then we have no foundation of belief. The Bible is either what it says it is or it is just another book written by dreamers and althought brilliant, just another fabrication of men.
But…if the Bible is the word of God then shouldn’t we heed it’s words as God’s words to man? if the Bible is the word of God then anyone with just a small portion of good sense would want to see what it says about life and God and apply it and try to follow what it says.
The Bible is actually 66 books written by 40 authors over a 1600 year period. That in itself is unique. Not many books contain that many contributors especially over many years. Not to mention the fact that each book and each author have the same theme….being the redemption of man. And amazingly they tie it all together into a wondrous tapestry of God’s revealation of Himself to mankind into one common thread. That thread is the shed blood of Jesus Christ for man’s sin.
In the Old Testament the focus is the law of God and how He revealed Himself through a few people.
In the New Testament the focus is on God sending His only begotten Son to fulfill the law and redeem all people.
In the Old Testament God declared that men would be made right with God through keeping of the levitical laws. The sacrifice of innocent lambs, bulls, goats and other animals would cover their sin temporarily. All of this preparing a people for the Lamb of God whose sacrifice would cover sins permanently, forever! They looked forward to the Lamb of God.
In the New Testament God delcared that men would be made right with God by trusting in Christ who fulfilled the law. We look back to the finished work of Christ on the cross to pay for our sins.
If the Bible is not God’s word then it is brilliantly conceived and executed hoax. But it’s a hoax that doesn’t act like one. It doesn’t sugar coat the sin of it’s characters. It doesn’t make heroes of any man’s accomplishments, but only makes heroes of those who have faith in God and whom God allows to use depite their flaws and troubles. Even It’s one hero, Jesus Christ the Lord was humble, poor, ridiculed and eventually crucified
The Bible is so simple that a child can understand it…yet it is so deep that the mind of man cannot comprehend the fullness of God written in its pages!
How do we know the Bible is the word of God? 66 books, 40 authors, 1600 years.
- It has passed the test of time. Yes it is true that we do not have any of the original manuscipts of the New Testament. But, there are 5,000 copies of the New Testament dated from 100-150 AD. There are no original manuscripts of Aristotle or Plato and there are not even 25 verifiable copies, yet we do not doubt the authenticity of those copies. We have more than enough early copies of the New Testament to fully verify it. We have hundreds of verifiable copies of the Old Testament.
There is no doubt about the date and accuracy of translation of the Old Testament. The discovery of the dead sea scolls has given overwhelming proof of the trustworthiness of the Bible.
- It has passed the test of man. Brilliant men for years have poured over every word of the Bible in attempts to ruin it. It is still here today. It has passed every test of history, archeology, science and literature. For example the Bible said that the earth is a spherical in shape almost 2 thousand years before Columbus. Isaiah 40:22 “It is He that sitteth on the circle of the earth.”
- It has passed the test of God. God has claimed that His word is true and reliable in many verses. Jesus said…Thy word is truth. John 17:17 Paul, Peter, David in the Psalms, etc have claimed that this is the word of God. Also the Holy Spirit proves to us that the Bible is God’s word by the peace, assurance, guidance and knowledge we get from the Bible.
The Bible is not like any other book. In the Koran, Mohammed was given instructions and teaching by an angel…in the book of mormon, Jospeph Smith was taught by an angel…..Charles Taze Russell founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, said that an angel gave him the words to speak and to write. But in the Old and New Testaments, God Himself spoke His word through Moses, David, Daniel, the Prophets, the apostles and even angels. Yes, sometimes God spoke through angels. But the message of angels were announcements and declarations, they never taught! The Bible says that the Holy Spirit inspired the New Testament.2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
And 2 Peter 1:20-21. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
If you want further proof just look at its prophecies alone. 1/3 of the Bible is prophetic. There is no book like the Bible in its 100 per cent accuracy in the predictions that its authors make. Only God can know the future, so this must be God’s book. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn and the day star arise in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19
There are prophecies about the birth of Jesus Christ and the rebirh of Israel as a nation. There are 48 prophecies in the Old Testament about the birth of Christ. That should say it all. But the very fact that Jesus rose from the dead (and it appears that it was attested to by 500 people) and the way the disciples behaved after His resurrection should tell us something about the Bible. If Jesus birth was predicted and Jesus rose from the dead then logically we must believe that the Bible must be true.
What about the rebirth of Israel predicted many times in the Old Testament? Israel was dead as a nation for hundreds of years. Now Israel is alive and flourishing as predicted in the Bible! So if Jesus was born and rose from the dead and the nation Israel rose from the dead ……all predicted in the Bible, then the Bible must be what it says it is…the word of God!!
But if nothing else just compare the Bible to any other book and see how each time you read it, it has the ablility to speak to you according to your need of strength and guidance.
66 books, 40 authors, over 1600 years God put it together and God has put His stamp of approval on it. Who are we to say otherwise? 1 Peter 1:24 The word of the Lord endureth forever. Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Jack S Ward
Why Does God Allow Evil And Suffering In This World?
Many in this world are quick to point out that “if there is a good God why is their evil and suffering in the world?” Why can’t God just get rid of evil? Why does God allow innocent to suffer? Let me make this defense of God to those who would say that God is unfair or not good.
First of all God is all powerful.
God is the creator. He made everything perfectly. We have order in the universe. If God is not all powerful then we could not set our clocks, we could not build anything, we could not breathe each day, we would not have consistency in the atmosphere, temperature, seasons, water, gravity and even mathematics. If God is not all powerful then we would not have any real hope that the sun would come up tomorrow. God is all powerful.
Secondly God is all good.
God created everything good. God created man good. But God in His goodness gave man freedom and choice.
No person ever says “down with freedom. I hate freedom. I will do everything my mother and father, my family, my friends or my neighbors want me to do.” No one wants that…. so freedom and choice is a good thing from God.
God who is kind and always a gentleman won’t force man to follow Him nor will He force man to make good choices. That’s up to each individual.
The first man Adam was kicked man out of the garden of Eden because of his choice to disobey God. This placed all of creation in a fallen state. That’s why we have tornado’s, hurricanes, earthquakes and floods. The Bible says that the world is in upheaval because of sin, man’s choice to do evil. So if God were to get rid of evil He would have to get rid of all of creation…..including you and me! Remember this…evil is not a thing, it is a choice.
Even in man’s fallen state God allows a person feedom….to choose to follow Him or thumb his nose at him. God loves mankind….but forced love is not love. If a young man says to a young lady…..”I love you and I want to marry you.” She says…”I like you but I don’t love you and I don’t want to marry you.”
The young man says…”I will make you love me!” Is that love? No, that is forced love and forced love is rape. God loves us and offers His love to us, but He will not force anyone to love Him or serve Him.
Remember when Jesus said “oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, How I would have gathered you as a Hen gathers her chicks but you would not.” It’s not God’s fault that men won’t turn to Him and have chosen evil.
It’s this fallen world that gives us murderers, terrorists, wars and fighting among people. We have children and adults suffering tragedies and disease because we are in a fallen world. If you are suffering right now….. know that God, the divine architect of the unverse…..doesn’t build a staircase that goes to no where. Your life and your suffering are not going unnoticed by a loving God. God is using your suffering and pain to bring everything to good purpose.
God allows the rain to fall upon the just and the unjust. God allows the events of this world to unfold as they will. That’s the freedom that God gives to his creation and to each of us because He is good and He loves us.
Therefore we know that God is all powerful and that God is all good and since He is these two things….. we know that He will bring all things to a good purpose…..therefore we conclude that this is the best possible way to one day bring about the best possible world.
A world where no one will choose evil and where every man will get what he has chosen in this life.
Therefore in this life you must choose wisely my friend!
When many had deserted Jesus He turned and asked the disciples…”will ye go also?” Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. John 6:67-68
Put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ and then follow Him…. the only truth, the only Savior and the one who will give you peace and assurance that no matter what happens He will bring you to a good and glorious future.
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
John 14:19 because I live, ye shall live also.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Deut 8:16 ESV….that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.
All of your questions will never be answered in this life. It is not possible to know all of God’s workings. But we do not apologize about the Bible and the things God does in the Bible. A lot of people have a problem with all the killing in the Old Testament. Well, God is God. Let God be God and know that God killed 99 percent of everybody that was killed in the Bible. What else would you expect from a holy God in the presence of sinful, wretched people that HE created! Wink? He even killed Jesus! So get over it, and get forgiven so you yourself won’t be destroyed in hell!
With faith we trust and know that even the things we fear about God is working all things to your good and for His eternal glory!
Most of this material is by Norman Geisler 1990, supplemental material by Jack S Ward
Why Do Bad Things Happen To God’s People?
It’s this fallen world that gives us murderers, terrorists, wars and fighting among people. We have children and adults suffering tragedies and disease because we are in a fallen world. If you are suffering right now….. know that God, the divine architect of the unverse…..doesn’t build a staircase that goes to no where. Your life and your suffering are not going unnoticed by a loving God. God is using your suffering and pain to bring everything to good purpose.
God allows the rain to fall upon the just and the unjust. God allows the events of this world to unfold as they will. That’s the freedom that God gives to his creation and to each of us because He is good and He loves us.
Therefore we know that God is all powerful and that God is all good and since He is these two things….. we know that He will bring all things to a good purpose…..therefore we conclude that this is the best possible way to one day bring about the best possible world.
A world where no one will choose evil and where every man will get what he has chosen in this life.
Therefore in this life you must choose wisely my friend!
When many had deserted Jesus He turned and asked the disciples…”will ye go also?” Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. John 6:67-68
Put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ and then follow Him…. the only truth, the only Savior and the one who will give you peace and assurance that no matter what happens He will bring you to a good and glorious future.
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
John 14:19 because I live, ye shall live also.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Deut 8:16 ESV….that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.
All of your questions will never be answered in this life. It is not possible to know all of God’s workings. But we do not apologize about the Bible and the things God does in the Bible. A lot of people have a problem with all the killing in the Old Testament. Well, God is God. Let God be God and know that God killed 99 percent of everybody that was killed in the Bible. What else would you expect from a holy God in the presence of sinful, wretched people that HE created! Wink? He even killed Jesus! So get over it, and get forgiven so you yourself won’t be destroyed in hell!
With faith we trust and know that even the things we fear about God is working all things to your good and for His eternal glory!
Most of this material is by Norman Geisler 1990, supplemental material by Jack S Ward
Four important points about False religions, Islam and illegal Aliens and terrorism
- False religions are not our greatest enemies. The New Testament hardly mentions them. Apostasy in the church is our greatest enemy. The Antichrist will unite all religions…not into one but under his rule. That is why you have many of the religions today getting together. They realize that they all have some common threads. They won’t surrender their beliefs but they will simply get together and celebrate what is great among each of them. The New Testament is full of warnings abut false teaching within the body of Christ. We must be always on guard for those who will water down the gospel of Christ. We must know what we believe and why we believe it. The Bible’s greatest enemy is not Buddism, Islam, or Moronism…it’s false teachers within. The most evil man ever…. the coming beast of the book of Revelation is not Mohammed, or Buddah…it’s the ANTI-CHRIST. He won’t be preaching a false religion but he will be like CHRIST. He will be so seductive that people who ought to know better will follow him. He and the false prophet will unite all religions…They won’t do away with them. Christians know how to spot an idol and a false religion…but a false teacher is much harder. We must be in the word of God and in prayer to be ready always with an answer to those who question us.
- Islam will not over take America. If they were they would have already destroyed America. They could have crippled our power grid electronically if they had the know how. They could have disrupted our commerce by infiltrating our computer systems if they could have. They used ‘box cutters’ to over take the planes during 9-11 for crying out loud! Look at their own countries. They are comparable to 3rd world nations. We know that it is because God is not going to bless their nations because of their false religion. Look at how Europe and the US have grown and expanded. God has blessed us with knowledge. Arabs will never fully assimilate into America or any European dominated nation.
- We must evangelize all those who are sent to our country. Instead of saying that Hispanics and others are ruining America….we should be looking at the great evangelistic opportunities that have been sent to us. Since we can’t go to a Muslim nation and present the gospel to them…they are coming to us. Since we can’t go to Mexico and other nations….they are coming to us. I believe that God is behind this. Muslims are coming to America and being led to Christ by the hundreds each day. Hispanics have started churches in America that they never could have in Mexico. Thousands have come to Christ. God will bless our nation and not curse our nation for allowing the lost the come and hear the gospel in America. We must take advantage of the opportunities while they are here. We must love them and not hate them. After all it’s not our nation….we are “one nation under God.” God cares for the souls of man more that the freedom of mankind.
I know that a nation must protect it’s borders and I’m not saying to give amnesty to those illegal’s either. But why not have them report to authorities and begin the process to make them citizens. Let them become tax paying Americans! That’s better than what we are doing now. I agree with Arizona that we must require illegal’s to report and be legalized! That’s all they are doing. But while the politicians work out what to do with them…they are here and we must share the gospel with them while we can…this is an open door for them to hear the gospel of Christ and a wonderful opportunity for us to present it to them and that door may close in time.
- Terrorism is going the unite the world. Terrorism is causing nations to come to together in fear. It’s causing nations to share each others resources and ideas to combat it. Yet is the fear based on fact? Does this fear actually exist? We had a few box cutters do a great deal of damage here in America. We have had isolated occurrences in Europe…but most of the terrorism has happened in the terrorist’s own back yard. Of course most nations are on guard now more than ever before…but the attacks that we believe are eventually going to happen are just our imagination.
Terrorists are fractured, independent, and infighting with each other too much to be much more than local threats. But the world have rallied around this threat and has caused us to cower before the Muslims of the world in fear of offending them. Thus we have become more aware of being “politically correct” in our speech in fear of offending anyone or any religion. Therefore we have recognized the “good” in all religions and ideologies and seek common ground together. Terrorism has been the catalyst of all of these ideas.
Jack S Ward
What is The True Purpose Of The Church?
Jack S Ward
The church’s main purpose is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ as the cure to all of man’s ills. It was not Jesus or Paul’s or any of the apostles practice to try to change society by railing against the government. No apostle attacked Roman governmental policies. Paul did not attack slavery but urged slaves to be hard workers so that they might win their masters favor. Slavery was not then what if was in America before the Civil War. Slave in the near East were mostly debtors who were working off their debts.
Paul did not attack abortion, Homosexuality, pornography or any other evil rampant in society at that time. Paul did not call for political or social action to oppose these evils. If Christian activism was God’s will, then Paul certainly would have been the first to pursue it fearlessly at whatever cost. They simply preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Far from telling the church to take over the world, Christ said that His kingdom was not of this world, that His servants did not fight.
He promised us, “if the world hate you, ye know that it hated me….ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world…if they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, (which the world did not), they will keep yours also. (obviously they did not nor will we be any influence on the world.) The great commission is not to go into all the world to reform its morals…but the preach the gospel and convert sinners. In the end the conversion of sinners will have a far greater impact on society than all the lobbying, protest marches, legal wrangling, cries for liberty, accusations against secret societies, conferences on taking back America, conservative talk show hosts who level accusations against the left, conferences that inform and train people to recognize and fight what is going on in society today, and all the passionate appeals to morality that consumes the time and energy of concerned Christians.
Health has become the most powerful religion of the present day, for instance. “The striving after health is taking on ever stronger religious contours in society today,” said the German physician and theologian, Manfred Lutz, in Cologne, Germany. While I don’t agree with Lutz’ theology as a Catholic I do agree with his point here. “Many people are running through the woods, eating grains and seeds in order to die healthy!” said Lutz in a lecture.
“In places where cathedrals used to be built, fitness temples stand today. The health religion is the most powerful of all times and is showing more and more totalitarian characteristics. While you can make any kind of joke about Jesus today, we cannot allow ourselves to do this where the theme is health…Moreover it has become more expensive than all other religions…The health mania has even reached parts of the Church,” said this author of many bestsellers. “While man used to fast to practice self-denial, today people fast to go to heaven as late as possible and stay healthy.” Health is good for Christians, a high priority “but not the highest,” said Lutz. Instead of only living for prevention, Christians should enjoy every day of their lives as a gift of God.”
Mr Lutz a a great point. Then I recently checked the TV schedule in a daily newspaper and counted the number of programs that make the end times statements of Jesus very topical. We are fully in the trend of the statements concerning Noah and Lot’s time. Let nobody say the Bible is old-fashioned!
“They did eat, they drank….” How many TV programs are about cooking and eating! “They bought, they sold, they planted, they builded….” How many programs are there on the subject of finance and economy, and how much time devoted to advertising certain products and urging us to buy them? “They married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day….” How many programs are there about people seeking partners? Partner-seeking via the Internet or agencies is completely normal today. “For reasons that have nothing to do with the matter in hand, nobody seems to want to wait until they meet someone in their daily lives. This is why dating agencies are flourishing, particularly under the anonymous protection of the Internet.”
Most of the above-mentioned things are in themselves not sinful. But when God is excluded, salvation in Christ is rejected and man is ruled only by earthly things, then they become an end-times sign. “Leave us alone!” was the motto then, and this is what it is now. “Leave us alone with your apocalypse… you are pessimists, gloom-and-doom preachers …you only want to spoil our lives…you religious fanatics and party poopers…you are the negative ones in our society!” Why is it then that tragedies and suicides are increasing? Why are the psychiatric clinics so full? And why has there never been such a great need for psycho-pharmaceutical drugs as in recent years? Why are discontent, fear and insecurity lying like a fog over our society, if it is all so good without Jesus Christ?
But at the same time Christians have done more to change the world for good than any other cause. Hospitals, nursing, nursing homes, orphanages, feeding the hungry, shelters for the homeless, schools for higher education, foreign missionaries, humanatarian aid, alcohol and drug recovery centers were all begun by Christians.
We cannot coerce by engaging in Christian social and political activism Christian standards of conduct. There are numerous cases of civil disobedience in the Bible. But it was never engaged in for the purpose of forcing an ungodly society to obey biblical principles, Christ suffered for us leaving us an example that ye should follow His steps.
He sternly and repeatedly rebuked Israel’s false religious leaders, yet Christ never spoke out–not even once–against the injustices of Roman civil authority! Nor did He advocate organize, or engage in any public protests to pressure Rome into changing it corrupt system, or the socity of its evil ways. He submitted to unjust authorities, as Romans 13 tells us we should do.
John Newton 1725-1807a true patriot said. “Let me be found watching, with my lamp burning diligently engaged in my proper calling! For the Lord has not called me to set governments right–but the preach the gospel, to proclaim the glory of His name, and to endeavor to win souls! “Let the dead bury their own dead–but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God! Luke 9:60. Happy is that servant, whom his master finds so doing, when He returns!
Satan has many contrivances to amuse people and to divert their attention from the real danger! We should be employing the talents He has given us in pointing out sin as the great cause and source for every existing evil; and to engage those who love and fear Him, instead of wasting time in political speculations, for which very few of them are competent, to sigh and cry for our abouding abominations, and to stand in the breach, by prayer, that God’s wrath may yet be averted, and our national mercies prolonged! This, I think is true patriotism–the best way in which people in private life my serve their country.” “If you upgrade a man’s home you have changed his environment, if you change a man’s heart you have changed a man.” Billy Sunday.
Jesus said, “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18 I believe that Jesus has put His church here for this time and this day. The church built by Christ and sustained by Christ is alive and doing well. That doesn’t mean there aren’t false churches, false preachers, false teachers, within the church. But the true church is loving Christ, looking for Christ and being a impact upon the world.
If you want to see what the world is like without the church, see Revelation chapters 6-18.
Paul said….“For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Cor 2:2. That’s is the church’s purpose, our only purpose, and through that passion for Christ and His gospel we will have compassion and a great impact upon this world and those who need Him.
The hope of the world is Jesus Christ. Not another government run program. Not a green dot a red heart or a pink ribbon. We must put our hope and trust in Jesus Christ and lift Him up as the sole hope and answer for the world’s problems. 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Jack S Ward
The Bible is where God speaks and where we find out about God.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. John 17:17 Jesus said…Thy word is truth.
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
We are not nor shall we ever be gods.
Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. 9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
There is no secret to life or secret for happiness yet to be discovered.
Isaiah 45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols. 18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. 19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth:
John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
Deuteromy 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. 36 Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire. 37 And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt; 38 To drive out nations from before thee greater and mightier than thou art, to bring thee in, to give thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day. 39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
God has spoken and revealed plainly in His word who He is and what He expects. God is one God and there is no other to look to but God.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Isaiah 45:20 …..they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. 21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
We didn’t create ourselves. Evolution did not create us. We cannot recreate ourselves. As man moves along in time people still call upon God. Mankind cannot escape from God’s truth.
Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:
Jeremiah 10:11 Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
Psalm 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Faith is how we reach God. Our faith allows God to reach down to us.
Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6 Habakkuk 2:3 The just shall live by his faith.
There is no excuse for seeking other gods. This is the root of idol worship. This is the great lie that God may be found within each of us.
Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen : that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.11. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:8 …Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
God has provided salvation in only one way and in only one name and by only one Savior…Jesus Christ.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.